Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's On Tap This Weekend?

I promised my daughter I would cook Margarita Chicken Skewers next weekend at my Mom's for the entire family. I only have my small & mini to do it, so this weekend will be a "dry run". I'm making Teriyaki Chicken Skewers using only the small & mini.

How about you?
Flint, Michigan

Comments

• Running in a charity 5k with Mrs. TOTN on Sunday morning. Not sure what's going on the egg yet other than burgers tonight.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Nothing.   :kicksrock:

Daughter has a soccer tournament out of town this weekend.  Gonna be away from the egg all weekend.  Might try to salvage a cook on Sunday night if we get back early enough.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Flap meat.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Cooking at the Okie Eggfest tomorrow. It is my first eggfest to attend let alone cook so it should be fun!
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Want to Egg something but probably wont happen - kids hockey games and other events.  If I do it will be a quick 1 hour cook that I have no idea what to cook.  Dont want steaks or chicken.

Garnerville, NY
  • Solson005 said:

Cooking at the Okie Eggfest tomorrow. It is my first eggfest to attend let alone cook so it should be fun!

You'll be great! Remember to not work so much that you forget to enjoy yourself.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Still cleaning out the pantry and freezer due to the shutdown. Things may change when SWMBO finally gets a paycheck.
  • Aquacop
    Aquacop Posts: 481
    No egging till Sunday, probably a simple meat + 3 - Steaks sound good.
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Gonna make cowlick chilli on Saturday and just grill some chicken on Sunday
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Golabki in the DO on Sunday.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Wife out of town.  Entire menu is rum and nachos.
    Can you share your nacho recipe or is it a secret?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    LOL.  Yes, it's a secret I got from an old black man on a rural road in the Mississippi delta.  However, for you, TOTN, I'll share.  I just ask that you share it with no one.

Ingredients:

Tostados in a bag
    Medium cheddar cheese
    Pickled jalapeños

Place a slice of cheese on top of the tostado.  Add a slice of jalapeño.  Be careful to put the jalapeño in the middle.  Proper construction of the nacho is the key to success.  Continue this process until a dinner plate is full.  Put nachos into a microwave oven and set the cook time for 1 minute.  Monitor the progress of the cook by looking in the window.  When all of the cheese is bubbly, your nachos are ready.

With practice, you will master this technique in a reasonable amount of time.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    edited October 2013
    Wife out of town.  Entire menu is rum and nachos.
    Can you share your nacho recipe or is it a secret?
    LOL.  Yes, it's a secret I got from an old black man on a rural road in the Mississippi delta.  However, for you, TOTN, I'll share.  I just ask that you share it with no one.

Ingredients:

Tostados in a bag
    Medium cheddar cheese
    Pickled jalapeños

Place a slice of cheese on top of the tostado.  Add a slice of jalapeño.  Be careful to put the jalapeño in the middle.  Proper construction of the nacho is the key to success.  Continue this process until a dinner plate is full.  Put nachos into a microwave oven and set the cook time for 1 minute.  Monitor the progress of the cook by looking in the window.  When all of the cheese is bubbly, your nachos are ready.

With practice, you will master this technique in a reasonable amount of time.
    Thanks VI. I hate to be a pain in the ass but, how would you adapt this recipe for the Egg?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Pork Tenderloin on Saturday and a bone in Turkey Breast Sunday... I am brining both and  in less something crazy happens I'm expecting the best. The best part was I bought them both on sale, 1.99 a pound on the tenderloin and 99 cents a pound on the frozen Turkey Breast...
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Cross country meet on Saturday, Baseball tournament Sunday.  I wish my kids were lazy like me. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Doing a prime brisket overnight Saturday to Sunday for our 20th wedding anniversary dinner party.
    Maybe pizza on Saturday before the brisket.
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • 9 lb turbo butt in Charlotte on the new Large I am picking up in Kannapolis, NC. Can't wait to teach the in laws the ways of the egg.

Brookhaven, GA

2012 Large | Mid 90's Medium

• otter
    otter Posts: 340
    Plan on a brisket Sunday, Travis style
    Pure Michigan
    Grand Rapids, Michigan  LBGE, SBGE
  • Pizza tonight . . . wings for the FSU/Clemson game tomorrow night.  
    If we lived closer, we'd go to VI's for rum and nachos. 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • not sure what in going to put in my 2 large Eggs maybe a pork butt in one and at Turkey in the other time will tell 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • Looking to toss some marinated flank steak on the egg tomorrow and watch some college football.
  • Little Steven
    not sure what in going to put in my 2 large Eggs maybe a pork butt in one and at Turkey in the other time will tell 
    Oh you have two eggs now Charles? Heh heh heh

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• @LittleSteven yes I bought a Demo Egg at Eggtoberfest !!

2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • Pizza tonight . . . wings for the FSU/Clemson game tomorrow night.  
    If we lived closer, we'd go to VI's for rum and nachos. 
    I was sworn to secrecy but, VI did post his nacho recipe above if you want to make some on your own. Just don't tell him that I gave you this information.
    Congratulations on 20yrs.
    edited October 2013
    Gonna do @Lit's Nutella S'mores sandwiches tonight.

http://www.grateeggspectations.com/

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• Heading to Death Valley for Clemson fsu tailgating with the small egg for some reverse sear marinated pork tenderloin. Will try to remember to post pictures.
  • Little Steven
    @LittleSteven yes I bought a Demo Egg at Eggtoberfest !!

Yeah, I knew that. It's awesome to have two larges. I have four and that is twice as awesome.
    ;)

Steve 

Caledon, ON