Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

hot dog pies

hot dogs rolled in cheese then pie crust with a chardonay dijon. maybe they should be called trojan dogs

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Nice. Whatcha drinking?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Well hell yeah! I'll take a few of those down along side a cold beer. Whatcha drinking?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Great post. Great view!

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    You did it again man............. not sure what is best: the photo or food
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,669
    sam adams, seems the distributor is not bringing up the negra modelo right now, im been complaining to every packy in the state, hopefully they start sending it up again
    :))  not that sam adams is no good
    :D
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Mickey said:
    You did it again man............. not sure what is best: the photo or food
    just be glad your not living here right now, migrating canadian geese were honking all night long, i could hear the occasional pellet gun at 2 or so in the morning with people trying to get them away from the houses. time to shut the windows
    :))
    fukahwee maine

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Must be a pure hell where you live =))
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564

Wow what a view!

Dogs look great, is that a mini I see?

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Great idea, a must try. 
    Have you ever tried Evergood "sausages"? They are much more like hot dogs than a sausage or brat. They will take a spiral or in your case knurl cut very well. Think they would be good using your pie crust technique. Sam Adams Boston Lager always a favourite at Killington. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • fishlessman

Great idea, a must try. 
    Have you ever tried Evergood "sausages"? They are much more like hot dogs than a sausage or brat. They will take a spiral or in your case knurl cut very well. Think they would be good using your pie crust technique. Sam Adams Boston Lager always a favourite at Killington. 
    dont think i can get those here but will look. even johnsonville sausages only sell one or two varieties here. these were the epensive 12 cent dogs from aldi's
    :D
    fukahwee maine

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    @skiddymarker, next time you're in Killington, grab some Heady Topper and Long Trail.
  • @Eggcelsior, The Summit and Casey's Caboose (I date myself) had Sam Adams or Rolling Rock as the Pub beer on a regular basis. I recall visiting Bridgewater Mall (an old factory with a bunch of small shops) on a rain day. The server at the Back Behind Saloon had advised that a trip over to the Mall was a good way to kill a few hours and much better than going into Rutland. Was surprised to find a craft brewery, Long Trail, in the Mall. Just Googled them and see they have grown quite a bit. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • fishlessman
    @skiddymarker, next time you're in Killington, grab some Heady Topper and Long Trail.
    long trail is good, should be able to find some pigs ear in that area as well
    fukahwee maine