Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Forum Fantasy Football league.

Comments

• To those who haven't paid and you know who you are please pay up today.  Thank you
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Bump, If you owe money to one of the leagues and don't pay tonight the fee goes up 10 bucks.  Leaguesafe.com's policy not mine.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136

Bump, If you owe money to one of the leagues and don't pay tonight the fee goes up 10 bucks.  Leaguesafe.com's policy not mine.

Well I hope something can be done cause I didn't pay because I didn't have league 3's URL. :-q
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Yeah, and team 3 says it only has 8 members on league safe..  

A ten dollar penalty for not paying by the end of week three is a little harsh, dontchathink?  
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    A ten dollar penalty for not paying by the end of week three is a little harsh, dontchathink?  
    I agree
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • I can't do anything about the fee from league safe.com, this is why I was weary about doing this. I apologize to all involved. I should have been more active and yelling at you all more to do what you said you would. Name another league that at the end of week three you wouldn't have a fine if it was a pay league.
  • cazzy
    I can't do anything about the fee from league safe.com, this is why I was weary about doing this. I apologize to all involved. I should have been more active and yelling at you all more to do what you said you would. Name another league that at the end of week three you wouldn't have a fine if it was a pay league.
    Scott, I paid league 1 immediately because the URL was readily available.  That wasn't the case with league 3 because the URL wasn't available.  It's hard to do what I said I would do if i'm not furnished all the tools to do so.

Do the late fees go to our league or does league safe eat that?
  • Zick
    Zick Posts: 190
    I was one who had to pay the penalty. Serves me right. The commissioner is not the baby sitter or the accountant. We all had the same opportunity to pay on time. Next year we will all be a bit more prompt. Thanks Scott for taking on this thankless task.
    When was the last time you did something for the first time? - Zick Boulder, CO
  • Zick said:
    I was one who had to pay the penalty. Serves me right. The commissioner is not the baby sitter or the accountant. We all had the same opportunity to pay on time. Next year we will all be a bit more prompt. Thanks Scott for taking on this thankless task.
    That's exactly what the commish does.  

Announcing there is a 33% tax on paying, one hour and twenty minutes before the tax goes into effect...  There are THREE people who've payed on time in league three - that's $70 in late fees.
    I registered Saturday morning to pay after getting the email.  leaguesafe asked if I agreed to the rules of the league, which I did (no fee listed) and the next page announced a $10 late fee.  That's just wrong.

leaguesafe says the late fee system is set up by the commissioner.  Maybe I'm misreading that.  

I recommend you offer to take payments by mail or come up with an alternative (even if it's a fee free account at leaguesafe).

Not trying to sound like I'm attacking anyone at all.  Truly.  
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• Zick
    I understand your point Masked Marvel.  It would have been better to have know the policy in advance.  Typically there is an increase in dues or rosters lock.  I do hope that the money goes into the pot for the prize though.  Scott do you know?  This way any of us late guys just have to win to get it back.
  • cazzy
    edited September 2013
    Zick said:

I understand your point Masked Marvel.  It would have been better to have know the policy in advance.  Typically there is an increase in dues or rosters lock.  I do hope that the money goes into the pot for the prize though.  Scott do you know?  This way any of us late guys just have to win to get it back.

Yeah, I ain't trying to be a jerk. I certainly appreciate Scott's efforts setting up 3 leagues. I got an email from Scott providing me with the URL for league 1 on 8/26, but I didn't receive the URL for league 3 until the 9/20 with only an hour or so to spare (didn't see it till 1am). A few days ago, I asked for the URL too as I realized I still hadn't paid so it's not without effort on my part. With that said, I didn't have the same opportunity to pay like you did.

I don't care about the $10, it's just the principal and I hate giving league safe money that we'll never see. Even with 2 peeps not paying the late fee, i'd be happy if the $10 went to the league prize...but to LS is just a garbage way for them to leech money.

• It's just a way for League Safe to leech money.  It is completely my bad for not noticing it earlier.  I was under the impression it was totally in my control as well and went to adjust the date and could not.  It is a failure on my part and I've contacted Leaguesafe, but get a feeling I will just get the standard lawyer response. As soon as I know more I will let you all know

Once again, my bad.
  • Please nobody give anymore money to leaguesafe until I get a response from them. Thank you gentleman and I apologize again.
  • Leaguesafe has agreed to extend the no late fee period for 48 hours, but not sure when that 48 hours starts.  I want to say that I'm sorry for all the drama with this which I was trying to avoid using leaguesafe as opposed to paypal. I will hopefully hear a response from them before business tomorrow and we will have til Wednesday to properly pay.

Once again my fault and I apologize.
  • Leaguesafe has extended the no late fee period until Wednesday at midnight Eastern time. Unfortunately they are still fighting me on refunding the late fees a couple of you paid on Saturday.  If I can't get them to reimburse you I will take care of it myself.  Any questions feel free to direct message or email me.  Thanks guys and sorry again.
  • cazzy
    Good to go in League 3. Thanks for all your work on this!
  • Thanks @cazzy sorry about all the trouble, hopefully everyone else will follow suit quickly.
  • Zick
    Scott,
    Not that I care all that much, but can I get the 10 late fee back?
  • logging in now - thanks for all the effort Scottborasjr
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• Zick
    Just read your note regarding the refund.  PLEASE don't think about it anoter second.  If they refund, great.  If not, NO BIG DEAL.  Thanks Scott!
  • Hey for the couple of you who haven't paid I'm trying to reach you. I've emailed via Yahoo so if you haven't heard from me maybe check your spam folders. 

Anyway 24 hour warning, payments are due to Leaguesafe by midnight eastern time tomorrow.  Thanks again for playing guys and sorry about the confusion and not being on top of things as much as I should be.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Thanks for your help, Scott.  It seems as though me having my head up my butt w paying on time transferred to my selections as head coach of my fantasy team...

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • It's early yet @thetrim, my big picks in my local league aren't working out at all right now but I am holding out hope.
    :(
  • cazzy

It's early yet @thetrim, my big picks in my local league aren't working out at all right now but I am holding out hope.
    :(

Yall are good, it's a long season! I'm sure I'll drop a ton of games the rest of the way.

Also, it seems we're only showing 8 teams on our league safe. Not sure who's missing...
  • cazzy
    Come on @mountaindewbass

Don't be what you hate...quit being a unmotivated white man and pay your dues!
  • I'm not calling out names yet but there is two that haven't registered in League number 2. and one that has registered and not paid. I'll start calling people out at midnight...if i'm still up.
  • 3 registered but not paid in the third league. If you guys are having problems please let me know as soon as possible.  I understand how bad I have handled this but I'm trying my best to right the ship.
  • I'm at work man - will hit it up as soon as I get home prolly ~ 3am eastern.
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• No worries @MaskedMarvel, carry on
  • Woohoo I'm paid! lol

Thanks Scottborasjr for all the hard work.  I'm commish in an ESPN league at work and know it is a **** sometimes..

Large BGE and Medium BGE