Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Forum Fantasy Football league.

15678911»

Comments

• Winner take all is fine for this year(as I finished fourth, even though I was second going into the playoffs... thanks Brees for crapping the bed weeks 15 and 16...) and I will vote for it (league 3).  I really hope we continue it next year! 

~Big YAC Attack
    --------------------------------------
    30 miles west of Chicago, buried deep in the suburbs.

LBGE (May 2011), SBGE (June 2014) and a growing pile of accessories.

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Anyone in League 3 please get a hold of me if you have a problem with the way the winnings are being distributed. I will adjust if the people tell me to, but from what I have gathered most thought it was a winner take all league.  I sincerely don't want to piss off any fellow eggers over a few bucks. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,136

Anyone in League 3 please get a hold of me if you have a problem with the way the winnings are being distributed. I will adjust if the people tell me to, but from what I have gathered most thought it was a winner take all league.  I sincerely don't want to piss off any fellow eggers over a few bucks. 

Dude. I'm in second place and I'm saying go for it.

Doing fantasy leagues is hard enough when you get the league face to face. I know - I did a ten team league at work and you'd think those ding dongs had never used a computer before. I definitely learned some lessons for next year I'm going to put into place, too. Thanks for setting this up for everyone.

Second place. First loser. Dammit.
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• Scottborasjr
    Thanks @MaskedMarvel, I just don't want someone thinking that I'm purposely screwing them.  I've done local leagues for years but this was my first online pay league adventure and I learned a lot from the experience. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • @scottborasjr If this is an open league next year I want to join.
    1 BGE, 4 mouths to feed.....

Dothan, AL
  • Scottborasjr
    I'll keep you in mind if we do this again @SouthernSmokin, watch for a thread sometime in the middle towards the end of July to start registration. 
  • Scottborasjr
    I would really like to hear from most of league three before I pay myself, I feel guilty enough about it already.  Also I'm sorry if the original intent of the leagues was lost and once again is totally my fault. Really wanted this to be to get the winner of each league a mini. But between those who failed to pay at all, and those who said they'd play and backed out I have failed. Next year, If we do this again, payment will be required before the draft. 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    I would really like to hear from most of league three before I pay myself, I feel guilty enough about it already.  Also I'm sorry if the original intent of the leagues was lost and once again is totally my fault. Really wanted this to be to get the winner of each league a mini. But between those who failed to pay at all, and those who said they'd play and backed out I have failed. Next year, If we do this again, payment will be required before the draft. 
    Relax bro...you're good man.  Move along...there is nothing to see here.  
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Scottborasjr
    Thanks @cazzy
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Top three payout is good.  My team was so bad I changed their name from CLUTCH to CROTCH fairly early on. 

Thanks for all the work you put into it. 

I do want to make sure you know I actually DID stay engaged even though I didn't like using yahoo (It was my first yahoo league).  I swear I didn't pay, draft, then go limp.  My team and my abilities were just THAT BAD this year. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Zick
    Zick Posts: 190
    As you know I immediately voted "yes" to pay the winner everything.  I would though like to suggest
    that we don't do this again next year.  I think it is important to keep peoples interest going through the season and if they know they are "out" of the money too early, it promotes the wrong behavior.  In some leagues the worst scorer pays a penaty so people are fighting to the end.  Just my 2cents worth.  It was fun!  thanks for all the hard work.

Jason
    When was the last time you did something for the first time? - Zick Boulder, CO