Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT.. Who have you met?

henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
Another thread got me thinking... Whose the most memorable person you've met?

I ran into Kenny Chesney in Nashville. I met Jerry Farwell in the political heyday of the "moral majority" My most memorable one would be Johnny and June Cash at the Nashville airport. Super nice couple.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• Hands down... Little Steven.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited August 2013
    I met a guy at the Salado Eggfest.  

Just looking at him, I was repulsed at first.  Nature can be cruel at times.  Then, I saw how he was unselfishly helping Travis with his meal, and I came away thinking that there must be some value in this pathetic creature's life.  I'm sure, as he slithered into his flea infested lair that evening, he didn't mind the pain of the infected sores on his hands from handling the food all day. He fast became the most memorable creature I've met.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• CP92
    CP92 Posts: 317
    henapple said:
    My most memorable one would be Johnny and June Cash
    Too good to pass up.
    Chris
    LBGE
    Hughesville, MD
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Most memorable?

My wife. I must have asked her to marry me for some reason or another.
  • henapple

Most memorable?

My wife. I must have asked her to marry me for some reason or another.
    Ass kisser... She reading your comments?
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795

My date whispered "Oh crap! My ex-boyfriend just walked in!" 

Imagine my surprise when I turned to see that Sam Perkins and Michael Jordan has just entered the small quaint restaurant.  My date introduced us.  Fortunately, Sam was cool about the whole thing.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• henapple
    Michael wasn't?
  • Foghorn
    Michael was cool, too.  But I wasn't worried about him.  Sam was the ex-boyfriend. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• When I was in the fourth grade, my mother checked me out to take me to my father's office in Louisville for some unknown reason. When we arrived, Muhammed Ali was there entertaining a small group of people. He spent 45 minutes doing magic tricks for me and telling me stories and must've said "I am the Greatest of all time" at least 15 times. I have a polaroid of me with my fist on his nose that looks like I am punching him.
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    I met George w Bush in Iraq. An hour later I was drinking jonnie blue label by the pool.

I went to a 311 concert and my gf threw my hat onstage. One of the guys wore it the whole show. We met them behind the civic center at their bus and they let us in. Fun night.

I met the founder and CEO of dollar general. I spent a week on his boat in south Bimini.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Foghorn said:
    Michael was cool, too.  But I wasn't worried about him.  Sam was the ex-boyfriend. 
    Hopefully he didn't just find out about the "ex" part right there and then....
    @travisstrick.... 331? Who the hell is that?
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Nelson Mandela when he came to speak at school in 2002. He toured campus and we got to chill with him for about 15 minutes when he stopped by the student union.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Met Peter Fonda at a biker fund raiser, plus some B-list celebs.  Had to babysit one of them.

Peter rode in on the "Captain America" chopper from easy rider. 

Watched Lucinda Williams in the VIP area with her mom at HOB.  After the show we got introduced. 
    Joan Baez signed my guitar.  We are BFF now.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Did a grip and grin with Nixon; Danny Kaye; performed for Ronnie Reagan's 2nd innaugural- does 10' away count? Strom Thurmond (remember him?); Tina Turner (that's me on the left)
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Oh yea. I met Ron Jeremy at an adult store in Alaska.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Tom cruise, Jerry springer and John Glenn.
  • Proser
    Proser Posts: 271
    Many years ago a friend said " let's go watch this guy play the guitar" We saw Stevie Ray Vaughan play in a club with About 30 people. He came an visited with everyone In the place
    Arlington, TX  1 large, 1 medium, 1 Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Just hung out with Chris Karamesines , if you don't know who he is look him up. A great guy with incredible stories of the world of drag racing.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    TUTTLE871 said:
    Just hung out with Chris Karamesines , if you don't know who he is look him up. A great guy with incredible stories of the world of drag racing.
    Ah, The Golden Greek. Can't believe hes still driving top fuel at his age.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• henapple

Oh yea. I met Ron Jeremy at an adult store in Alaska.

You sure it was Ron?
  • CAT Seller
    CAT Seller Posts: 208
    edited August 2013
    Most memorable, The late great General H. Norman Schwarzkoph, aka "stormin norman"I even had him on my résumé. Him and the CEO of McDonalds and Remington fire arms were pretty cool people too.
    If it ain't a CAT, it's a dog!!! 2 LBGE's & BGE Backyard Chef Edition Cart
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    bud812 said:

TUTTLE871 said:

Ah, The Golden Greek. Can't believe hes still driving top fuel at his age.

One of my heros. Awesome guy if you are ever at a race go to into his pits and talk to him him.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• bicktrav
    bicktrav Posts: 640
    Bill Clinton.
    Southern California
  • Jeronamo
    Jeronamo Posts: 50
    Alan Jackson, I'm a huge fan. I also got to meet Brooks & Dunn when they taped an acoustic session for a tv special - there was 10 of us that won a radio contest and they hung out with us for about half an hour after the taping was done.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Backstage with Neal Schon and Deen Castronovo of Journey

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Jerry Jones, Mark Davis, Adam Sandler, and I missed out on Roger Goodell because he didn't come to where my season tickets are.

thats really just high fiving , not hanging out etc
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Clint Eastwood at Pebble Beach Links.

Gerald Ford in Vail Colorado.

Fred Couples at the grand opening of a golf course I worked at in Virginia Beach. The following year I saw him at the Master's during the practice round and he remembered my name!
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• Foghorn

I guarded Darryl Dawkins in a game of 2-on-2.  I was 15 and a basketball camp counselor at the time.  He had just finished his rookie year in the NBA.  He's a good guy.  He was nice enough to let me make my first jumpshot so I didn't lose all street cred in the eyes of the campers. After that it got ugly.

Mark Miller (lead singer for Sawyer Brown) taught me how to be a Disney character.  He was Pluto and other characters in that size range. 

As Goofy, I filmed a commercial with Ben Vereen and Joan Lunden.  As Water Ski Goofy, I filmed a commercial with the Cosby Kids, but I didn't get to actually meet them with my face exposed because they are kids - so I had to stay in costume the whole time I was around them. 

San Antonio, TX