Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ozark Oak in D/FW

I need to pick up some more lump this week.  And while I've been reasonably satisfied with the last couple bags of Cowboy I've gone through, I want to give OO a try, but don't want to or have the time to order online.  I know I've heard some places carry it in the metroplex, but can't remember where.  Somewhere in Tarrant County would be better as I won't drive to Dallas or Plano for lump.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

Comments

• chays99
    chays99 Posts: 41
    I'm not sure about Tarrant County as I'm way out in Rockwall. Seems like I remember a post about a shop in Southlake that carried Ozark. I go through quite a bit and have considered a road trip to secure the elusive $5 bags.
  • New2Q
    New2Q Posts: 171
    I'm not sure about Tarrant County but I do know that Elliot's Hardware in Plano has it.  I got a bag of OO as part of my Egg "starter kit".
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Not sure about Tarrant county either, Jacksons by Love Field has it.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Bbq outfitters in Southlake has it.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • EggRacer
    EggRacer Posts: 400
    Fort Worth Butane on Belknap in Haltom City has OO and Foreman's in Hurst on Hwy 26 usually has some.
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Bbq outfitters in Southlake has it.
    That'll work.....quite a bit north of me, but not too bad and I get up that way on occasion anyway.   Thanks for the input everyone.

LBGE

• KennyLee
    EggRacer said:
    Fort Worth Butane on Belknap in Haltom City has OO and Foreman's in Hurst on Hwy 26 usually has some.

Even better.....'preciate it @EggRacer

LBGE

• EggRacer
    EggRacer Posts: 400
    If you buy 10 bags at Fort Worth Butane you can get bag 11 free. Just tell Warren or Robert you want the 10 bag deal.
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684

Sit tight guys.......as soon as I get Rockwood going in Atlanta, DFW is next on the list.

• Pacuare
    Pacuare Posts: 77
    You can get Ozark Oak at Claffey Pools retail location in Southlake too. I am not sure if they carry it at any other locations. They get it from BBQ Outfitters.
  • boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273

Most Ace Hardware's either have it - or can get it in within a few days.

Cookin in Texas
  • Que_n_Brew
    Que_n_Brew Posts: 578
    chays99 said:
    I'm not sure about Tarrant County as I'm way out in Rockwall. Seems like I remember a post about a shop in Southlake that carried Ozark. I go through quite a bit and have considered a road trip to secure the elusive $5 bags.

Where are you getting it in Rockwall?
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
  • chays99

chays99 said:

Pool Stop (in the Target parking lot) sells it for $11.99 a bag.

I haven't seen it at Ace Hardware, but I haven't been down there in a while either.
  • KennyLee
    Was able to pick up a few bags at The Grill Shoppe at Fort Worth Butane for $8.95 per 10 lbs.  Seemed pretty reasonable.  I've got a couple of cooks to clear out what I have in my tub, then will start on the OO and give my $.02.  If I like it, I'll definitely do the 10-bag deal next time.

LBGE

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I'll get my new schedule in a few weeks. I can usually pick up oo on the way to dfw... Where are you located?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • If you live in Arkansas like I do you can get 10lb bag for under $5. Sorry, just had to rub it in. :) But seriously I have been happy with Ozark Oak and I will continue to buy it. There have been shortages in recent months though. I used to be able to buy it for just under 4 bucks. 
  • Que_n_Brew
    chays99 said:

chays99 said:

I haven't seen it at Ace Hardware, but I haven't been down there in a while either.

Thanks. Every time I go by PS they are out. I was hoping you had a hidden spot. ;)
  • chays99
    chays99 said:

chays99 said:

Thanks. Every time I go by PS they are out. I was hoping you had a hidden spot. ;)
    I was in there last weekend and they had really trimmed down their grilling stock.  I asked if they were going to carry OO year round and they said yes.  I've thought about asking for a pallet price but the owner is never there when I stop by.

• HeathBar
    HeathBar Posts: 21
    chays99 said:
    chays99 said:

chays99 said:

I was in there last weekend and they had really trimmed down their grilling stock.  I asked if they were going to carry OO year round and they said yes.  I've thought about asking for a pallet price but the owner is never there when I stop by.

I'm in Heath - I've gotten OO at Elliot's Hardware in Mesquite.  I can't remember the price but they had a decent stock last time I was there.  
    XL BGE 
  • Que_n_Brew
    Tegst
  • Que_n_Brew
    Sorry about that last post. I meant to put "test" b/c I tried to make a post and got some silly approval notification.
  • chays99
    I'm in Heath too.  I didn't even know there was an Elliott's in Mesquite.

Que_n_Brew - Do you home brew too?  I'm an all grain brewer in Buffalo Creek that always draws strange looks from the neighbors.
  • Que_n_Brew
    chays99 said:
    I'm in Heath too.  I didn't even know there was an Elliott's in Mesquite. Same here. That is what I was trying to post until I got "blocked" by the powers at be. I don't brew my own, just like drinking it when I've got the egg rolling. I lived in Frisco for several years before moving to Heath. I had a neighbor that brews beer. He had one called "Fallen Angel". Good lord, you might as well just take a roofee and get it over with.
  • boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    Ace Hardware in Coppell has it.
    Cookin in Texas
  • cssmd27
    cssmd27 Posts: 345
    henapple said:
    I'll get my new schedule in a few weeks. I can usually pick up oo on the way to dfw... Where are you located?

If you're game, I would love to grab some when you come this way. Happy to pay in advance. Don't know how strained your capacity is, but I'm flexible. Probably 5-15 bags.
    Dallas (University Park), Texas
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Fountain Head off 75 and Forrest has it but for 11.99 for 10lbs I will stick with the Central Market Brand 11.99 for 20lbs.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Que_n_Brew
    TUTTLE871 said:
    Fountain Head off 75 and Forrest has it but for 11.99 for 10lbs I will stick with the Central Market Brand 11.99 for 20lbs.

How does the Central Market brand stack up. I JUST SPENT $13 ON A BAG OF OO AT POOL STOP. And no, there was no lube involved. b-(
  • Que_n_Brew
    I actually bought 2 bags at Pool Stop today...my first one & and my last one.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    $13 a bag... You must feel like Jenna Jameson.. =))
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Que_n_Brew
    henapple said:
    $13 a bag... You must feel like Jenna Jameson.. =))

I'm pretty Jenna requested (and got) lube. It was an impulse buy. They haven't had it in so long, and I haven't tried it...so I said WTH. like I said, they better savor the flavor...it won't happen again.