Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Forum Fantasy Football league.

Comments

• Z_Eggineer
    Z_Eggineer Posts: 576
    Paypal or Leaguesafe work well for dues.
  • ohiolion
    ohiolion Posts: 28
    edited July 2013

If there is still space, I would like to be in. Good with playing for money and any site that is connected to these interwebs is fine with me.

• ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    Paypal or Leaguesafe work well for dues.
    I haven't personally used it but I've heard good things about Leaguesafe.com.  Co-worker of mine uses it for their online leagues.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• Gooey1
    Gooey1 Posts: 96
    I like the paying league
    "Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes............. Well, he eats you"
  • CeeGeeW
    CeeGeeW Posts: 113
    Is everyone still interested?  Let's get this thing organized  I have a mini to win :)
    Los Angeles, CA
  • I definitely like the mini idea.  $400 mini / 12 teams = $33.33 entry fee.  Doesn't seem like that much money to me for 17 weeks of fun.
    Im in for this! Thats an awesome idea!!
  • ChokeOnSmoke

Makes no difference where the league is hosted to me (Yahoo, ESPN, CBS, a dozen others...).  I know Yahoo is already up and running as my buddy has his annual league already taking sign ups.

** I assume we'd do a live online draft?
    * Other thoughts on the details?
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,136
    Yobogoya!!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• msloan
    msloan Posts: 399
    i would be interested in this as well....pay or no pay either is fine with me.
    gettin lucky in kentucky!   2 XL eggs!
  • i'd be in!!!

North Alabama - Roll Tide

LBGE 2013

• chainsaw19
    chainsaw19 Posts: 257
    Interested if there is room available.
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
  • LBC Dawg
    LBC Dawg Posts: 116
    Not sure how I missed this but i'm game if there's room. especially the $$ league
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Alright guys and gals, been on vacation and just getting back in the groove. I'm still willing to run this if you guys want me to. I really think we can get three or four good leagues going. The biggest question to me is whether or not we want to have a complete Egg head board champ or do each league a little different. I know some are down for money, others aren't etc.

If we are going to attempt to crown a complete board champ, each league will have to have the exact same rules and be hosted on the same site (ESPN, NFL, Yahoo, etc.) And the bragging crown would be total points.

As much as I like the idea of playing for a mini in the pay leagues I think that it would be best to just stick to straight cash and then if a mini happens to come home without SWMBO approval so be it.

I'm back and will be active on the forum for the rest of the year so please message me you ideas or suggestions as soon as possible as I would like to have all the leagues set up and drafts set up before the middle of August.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • nick_banich
    nick_banich Posts: 110
    I mean yes
    -Large BGE since 6-13
    -Indianapolis, IN

• nick_banich
    nick_banich Posts: 110
    I feel like with this many people it might be better to do an eliminator league either with players or teams - or a league where you pick the game and wager points vs the spread. Basically you have points 1 through n to assign. With n being the number of games that week. So game you are most sure of you wager n points. Least sure of wager 1. Next least 2 and so on.

Most points at end of year wins
    -Large BGE since 6-13
    -Indianapolis, IN

• Scottborasjr
    Setup first pay league with leaguesafe.com, pm me email if you are interested.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Scottborasjr
    Thinking this will be a actual fantasy league, if you are interested in doing a elimination tourney like @nick_banich suggested, that could be another thing entirely.
  • Scottborasjr
    So anyone want to do every one the same or have different settings for each league?
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    So anyone want to do every one the same or have different settings for each league?
    Makes sense to have all leagues exactly the same.  Then if we payout prizes for each individual league, we can still see who the overall champ is (based on a combo of overall best record and total points), something like that anyway.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• Sign me up
    Suwanee Georgia - suburb north of Atlanta
  • I say same rules all around. Let me know what info you need.
  • pwg56
    pwg56 Posts: 93
    I think simpler is better. Start with pay leagues. Fill as many as people sign up for. Then do free leagues. Overall champ I think will just be too complicated. One idea I like is to have the top finishers this year be put together in a top finishers league NEXT year. Mixes it up and rewards good performance.
  • Scottborasjr
    edited July 2013
    Here's a bump, I need email addresses. Also, ESPN or Yahoo? Thinking it will be easier if it's all on one site to make things simple.  I'm leaning towards Yahoo even though I've never used it because it seems to be more popular from previous comments.
  • Zick
    Zick Posts: 190
    I am in. Need some more specifics though. It will probably change some folks minds. I think most concerned will be if it is for money, and how much. My preference would be for a little money just to keep it spicy.
    When was the last time you did something for the first time? - Zick Boulder, CO
  • boogs06
    boogs06 Posts: 4

I'm in, money or otherwise.

• what's the plan?

North Alabama - Roll Tide

LBGE 2013

• Im in! claywhite88@yahoo.com 

Good for any league up to $50 but wouldnt mind less then that either.
  • ohiolion
    ohiolion Posts: 28

Same rules for all leagues and on a single site.  This will make it easier to ensure consistency across the leagues.  I like the idea above of naming a forum champ, could be as simple as using the tie breaker logic (obviously can't use head to head) to rank the league champions after all is said and done.  I think the forum champion would be more of a bragging rights crown with no payout.  Payouts would be done at the individual league level since it is the level where owners have competed head to head.

• Tbent
    Tbent Posts: 225
    Count me in too.
    L, S, MM, Mini
    Washington, IL