Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

This is a Big Deal for Me...

Options
Parallel
Parallel Posts: 433
edited July 2013 in Off Topic
In just a few weeks I'll begin teaching Aveva Plant Design Management System Piping & Equipment Modeling v12.1. As far as I know my courses will be one of only five locations in all of North America in which one can obtain this training. This is kind of a big deal for me, particularly when industry professionals in the area brought this opportunity to me versus me pursuing it. It won't be long before I'll resign my position as Drafting & Design Instructor and return to industry to get back to designing, but still teaching PDMS as an adjunct professor two nights a week. With these credentials under my belt my future is bright... and it's incredibly humbling to think about how this pretty much just fell into my lap. I've been so blessed in the last decade or so that I've taken to quoting Dave Ramsey when asked how I'm doing; "better than I deserve"... ain't it the truth.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.

Comments

• FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats dude
    Boom
  • BakerMan
    BakerMan Posts: 159
    Options
    Congrats!
    BakerMan - Purcellville, VA "When its smokin' its cookin', when its black its done"
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Best of luck to you. :-c

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• tnbarbq
    tnbarbq Posts: 248
    Options
    Congrats!  You cooking for the class?
    Scooter 
    Mid TN. Hangin' in the 'Boro. MIM Judge
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,330
    Options

I have thought about this post and its relevance for a while and the best I can do is:

DILLIGAF.  But enjoy.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Parallel
    Options
    lousubcap said:

I have thought about this post and its relevance for a while and the best I can do is:

DILLIGAF.  But enjoy.

THAT is why it's in the "off topic" forum... so if you don't GAF then don't open off topic threads.
    8-|

• EGGATL
    EGGATL Posts: 23
    Options
    Parallel,
    Be sure to include a BGE in your designs.
    Greetings from SForum.
    Atlanta, Georgia area
  • Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    Options
    Very cool dude, congrats.

Cheers
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • Sookie
    Sookie Posts: 335
    edited July 2013
    Options

Good for you.  Anytime that someone is able to do something that they love and earn a living, that's a blessing.  All my best.

• NJ_BBQ
    NJ_BBQ Posts: 137
    Options
    There's a phrase that I truly beleive in - "If you want something done right, give it to someone who is busy". For industry professionals to offer this to you shows you haven't been resting and have been busy doing something right. Best of luck!
    Basking  Ridge, NJ - XL with KAB
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Very cool. congrats!

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Parallel
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Thanks y'all. I'm pretty much wearing ALL of the hats on this venture. I'm even printing, collating and binding the training guides myself. I'm sure that I could get someone to do it for me... but I don't want to have issues with training guides in the middle of the course.

• GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I too am an adjunct professor in higher ed. Its rewarding to be in front of a group of individuals that expect you to know your stuff. its a wonderful experience/opportunity for you. 

GOOD LUCK!!! I'm sure you will do well. It appears you are very organized; which is the most important part of teaching. organized thoughts/materials = organized presentations. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Parallel
    edited July 2013
    Options
    For those who might be curious as to exactly what Aveva PDMS is...
                                                                                       ↑
                                                                                     LINK

Those who DGAF... carry on.