Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Humble Pie

Options
2»

Comments

• SoCal_Griller
    Options
    I find it amazing how a small change in a cooking technique can have such a big impact.  I know this cause I'm still trying to find my balance when it comes to cooking and so my fail rate started high but is trending down.  CT, If I had your fail rate, I would be proud.  Now , just a reminder, "If it aint broke, Don't fix it!" 
    Simi Valley, California
    LBGE, PBC, Annova, SMOBot
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I find it amazing how a small change in a cooking technique can have such a big impact.  I know this cause I'm still trying to find my balance when it comes to cooking and so my fail rate started high but is trending down.  CT, If I had your fail rate, I would be proud.  Now , just a reminder, "If it aint broke, Don't fix it!" 

I hear you but it still sucks to lay an egg with 20 people lined up to eat and expecting the good stuff.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    My brisky is done.  FTC until this evening.  My DigiQ power supply died.  Found a replacement in a box of wall-worts, but then one of the probes was reading haywire, so I just did it manually.  230 when I went to bed, 290 when I checked it in the morning.  Brisket was 180.  Seemed buttery tender at 196, so I pulled.  FTC in pre-warmed Pelican cooler.   I'll report later when I break it out.

Salt and pepper only and three large chunks of oak. Minimal fat trimming - just removed the large hard fat.  
    Options
    Try some mustard on it next time --- hahahahahahah -- could not resist...
    Cookin in Texas
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    boatbum said:
    Try some mustard on it next time --- hahahahahahah -- could not resist...

That had to be it. :))
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    Options
    I had the same thing happen to me last week.  My brisket came out so dry that it was like eating leather.  I think the brisket itself was partly to blame - no marbling thruout like the last couple did.  Just have to try again!

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• Bustersdad
    Bustersdad Posts: 311
    Options
    My brisket just came off...put on at 10:30 last nite, pulled at 3:15 this afternoon. Wrapped in foil and put in cooler til dinner. Fingers crossed.