Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

i got no bark

Options
2»

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    fish, I never use mustard. waste of a perfectly good hot dog condiment. 250° dome, butt on grid above drip pan, rub applied on my way out the door to put the butt on. Has a good bit of sugar (dark brown and white). Heavy application (no meat showing once rubbed). I always use hickory, never tried apple. Never injected one either. Rarely remove any fat, unless it's a shoulder.

They ALWAYS look like this... tons of bark.

thats pretty much how mine look with the mustard.  as for the mustard, if i dont use it up i end up with a dozen or so bottles by the summers end in the fridge that end up going into the trash, seems everyone that shows up brings a bottle to the camp and i prefer a good german mustard on my dogs over frenches. things collect at camp like you wouldnt believe, ive got maybe 7 dozen eggs, 6 pounds butter, 6 to 8 bottles frenches, a half dozen other mustards, i need an egg/ butter/ mustard recipe. theres a squarrel in the house takeing care of the bread crackers baking goods problem
    :))
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options

boatbum said:

I think CenTex and I had a mustard debate about this time last year... hahahahhaha

Not going there again -- My wife is a bark lover so I have studied the art-of-bark a bit. Have posted many times previously about the topic. Won't drag through again - but you can search on my posts and find more opinionated drivel written by me than you care to explore....

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1138684/the-great-mustard-debate/p1

:))

Good one.

Did you ever think you'd come to a point in your life where you spent so much time contemplating yellow mustard?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    Options

Guess it would depend on how much you inject - I inject pre-cook all the time.   Haven't had any issues.

Cookin in Texas