Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2013 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Comments

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    cazzy said:

hapster said:

Shopping done... Shipping should happen next week.

Expect something like Chevy's wife's aunt's gift in Christimas Vacation. LOL

Darn, now I need to go watch the movie again! Well, I guess that isn't a bad thing.
    It's my wife's favorite... Classic.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    cazzy said:
    Actually @paqman, please remove your pic too. As LS said, it will make it even more of a surprise!
    Too late,  I can't edit anymore...

hapster said:
    Shopping done... Shipping should happen next week. Expect something like Chevy's wife's aunt's gift in Christimas Vacation. LOL
    Jello?? ...ship it sparky!!!

Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited June 2013
    paqman said:
    cazzy said:
    Actually @paqman, please remove your pic too. As LS said, it will make it even more of a surprise!
    Too late,  I can't edit anymore...
    No worries...it's all good.  Thanks for trying.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Thanks @shtgunal3 for the package.  I hope to use some of it this weekend.  The fun part is going to be the looks my wife gives me when she sees the alabama tag.  She is a LSU alumni.  Since you collect license plates, I have one of our old LSU tags i can send you... :)

Wiggins, MS
  • My person should get theirs on monday. 
    Wiggins, MS
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Mine should be there Monday, I hope they are home to sign for it.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    @Acn - glad to see everything survived the trip and I didn't send you a box of BBQ sauced glass shards. :) I get worried about rough handling in delivery.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • cazzy
    R2Egg2Q said:

@Acn - glad to see everything survived the trip and I didn't send you a box of BBQ sauced glass shards. :) I get worried about rough handling in delivery.

I hear ya there, my draw is going to see how paranoid I was when they open it! Definitely loaded it with peanuts and bubble wrap. Lol
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Poor Bowhunr! He must have been hours with a razor knife but I have had so much stuff broken broken over the years by those delicate guys in our respective Postal Services.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Mine will be ready to ship Monday I may have to go back and buy some of the stuff for myself.
    Lynnwood WA
  • chainsaw19
    chainsaw19 Posts: 257
    cazzy said:
    Shopping done... Shipping should happen next week. Expect something like Chevy's wife's aunt's gift in Christimas Vacation. LOL
    Darn, now I need to go watch the movie again! Well, I guess that isn't a bad thing.

The lime jello mold or the cat? Gots to love Aunt Bethany.
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
  • One more item to buy, mine will ship out Tue or Wed.  A shout out to my dealer.  I was in there today and when I explained what we were doing, she gave me some BGE trinkets to include in my package.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• cazzy

One more item to buy, mine will ship out Tue or Wed.  A shout out to my dealer.  I was in there today and when I explained what we were doing, she gave me some BGE trinkets to include in my package.

That's pretty awesome of her!!

Another thing I've seen is posts from peeps finding rubs they never knew about because of this exchange. That's pretty pimp!
  • Little Steven
    I'm so dammit eggcited! What a great idea mcn had!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cazzy

I'm so dammit eggcited! What a great idea mcn had!

=))
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Poor Bowhunr! He must have been hours with a razor knife but I have had so much stuff broken broken over the years by those delicate guys in our respective Postal Services.
    Ha!!  That is spot on!!  I damn near cut my wrist unwrapping all the goodies.  It was probably the best packing job I have ever seen!

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    @parkersquared I hope you enjoy everything. Be sure to read the little story on the bottle of gunshot sauce. I found it interesting. I hope the weekend cooks turn out good for ya. Any license plates are always welcome and tell the wife I said "Roll Tide". ;)

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    shtgunal3 said:
    @parkersquared I hope you enjoy everything. Be sure to read the little story on the bottle of gunshot sauce. I found it interesting. I hope the weekend cooks turn out good for ya. Any license plates are always welcome and tell the wife I said "Roll Tide". ;)
    ROLL TIDE!!! Man I can't wait for football!!

Where did you find the gunshot? bottle looks really cool

XLBGE 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    I get it in Cullman at my dealer. We could probably work out a deal if you know some one who has extra feet lying around. :D

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Little Steven
    edited June 2013
    BOWHUNR said:
    Ha!!  That is spot on!!  I damn near cut my wrist unwrapping all the goodies.  It was probably the best packing job I have ever seen!

Mike
    Dude, I shipped literally thousands of bottles of la Bomba all over the States and the mortality rate was awful. You try dat stuff yet? If you haven't go get a spoon and eat it. It's not real hot but the flavour is awesome.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Oh yeah, it is AWESOME!!  We had some last night.  Sliced some baguette and topped with the La Bomba and some grated asiago cheese.  It was raining cats and dogs so I had to put it under the broiler on the big black clock thing.  The wife and I ate 12 pieces and I could have easily kept going.  One of Canada's best kept secrets there!!

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • cazzy
    edited June 2013
    Hey guys, if you have received your gift, please click acknowledge gift so I can keep track of the exchange. From the home page, click on "secret pal", then click acknowledge gift.

I just accidentally acknowledged mine...whoever my elf is, I have not received your package so don't reveal yourself please.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Whoever has me, I am going out of town on Thursday for a week and a half. Just an FYI so you don't think I am being a jerk if I don't acknowledge gift with pics on the forum right away.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • MrCookingNurse
    cazzy said:

Hey guys, if you have received your gift, please click acknowledge gift so I can keep track of the exchange. From the home page, click on "secret pal", then click acknowledge gift.

I just accidentally acknowledged mine...whoever my elf is, I have not received your package so don't reveal yourself please.

Yea, you don't have to post a huge thank you. But it would be nice to know your package made it

XLBGE 
  • cazzy

cazzy said:

Yea, you don't have to post a huge thank you. But it would be nice to know your package made it
    Screws that! Post pics of your new stuff! It's cool to see all the unfamiliar product. Making a mental list of stuff I need.
  • MrCookingNurse
    just tracked my package, it should be at _______'s house tomorrow ;)

XLBGE 
  • Brianj5685
    Brianj5685 Posts: 57
    Props to @BillyRay for the awesome box that I received yesterday.

Looking forward trying the Cherry Pomegrante Habanero Sauce on some wings.  Also the Apricot-Hot sauce is ON POINT!  Been eating it on crackers for the last hour....

^:)^

I say we do this again in a few months...
    "Live Fast, Die Fun"

LBGE

Roll Tide 
  • Brianj5685
    Brianj5685 Posts: 57
    maybe a lil bigger pic...?
    bbq.jpg 273.8K
    "Live Fast, Die Fun"

LBGE

Roll Tide 
  • MrCookingNurse
    bump.... expecting lots of pictures tomorrow night!

XLBGE