Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It has been a pleasure...

I have enjoyed my short stay on this website exchanging infomation with lot of wonderful people that have a common interest in one of the finest cooking instruments available. However in my 61 years of living and interacting with people and groups I have found it best to just move on when you are not welcome. Thank you for your knowledge and your willingness to share it. Happy Egging!

Comments

• As you can see, I am a very new member of this Forum, but have been a very active member of a Golf Forum for several years. I have noticed the quality and frequency of your commentary and your willingness to help and share your knowledge despite being also a relative newcomer. I think it would be a shame to see you leave and I invite you to reconsider
  • I'm not sure what happened but I would sure hate to see you go. Thanks for the knowledge imparted and I hope you make it back.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • Hell, Gary's (Village Idiot) left 19 times and always comes back. We hope you will too. Hope you will reconsider. I would say this is a case of getting off on the wrong foot. I was a part of that and we can do better. Simple as that. Stick around, it's a good place.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited April 2013
    If VI is the reason you are leaving we all understand. But what you don't know is VI has no arms or legs and types with a stick in his mouth. The pictures you see are from other forums but no one says anything as he is our mascot for the forum. The Vespa story is true, wife bought it and places him on the seat to get the stimulation. So leaving is just going to hurt VI because everyone will blame him once more.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• dweebs0r
    dweebs0r Posts: 539
    edited April 2013
    ** Delete **  
       -Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).
  • dweebs0r
    Hope the language isnt offensive to you guys but it seemed like an appropriate meme for this situation.  :)
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    dweebs0r said:

Hope the language isnt offensive to you guys but it seemed like an appropriate meme for this situation.  :)

Not offended, but IMO, it doesn't really apply as HH's goodbye speech wasn't triggered by territorial aholes (this time). ;)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • dweebs0r
    True, true...  I just read the thread that started it all.  I'll remove it as it does not apply.  Thanks Caz.

• @HogHeaven, I assume that your reacting to the whole debate about temp vs. no temp. I can see how you may have felt a bit out numbered. As others have already said, I've always appreciated your input (new comer that I am). If you stick with your decision to move along then I wish you many more years of happy cooking!

BTW, what are you guys doing up and on this forum at 2:00AM????
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    dweebs0r said:
    ** Delete **  

Lots got to read it dweeb. No problem
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    edited April 2013
    @HogHeaven I don't think anybody meant you any disrespect but remember many roads lead to Rome.

Gerhard
  • cazzy
    HH, I look at it like we're family here. We're going to fight from time to time since we all have our own viewpoints and cooking style. When the thread dies and gets buried, we move on and don't hold a grudge.

While the new members thread was high jacked, there was still a ton of valuable information in that thread. I appreciate and respect your passion about BBQ and the BGE. After all, that's why we're all here right? That passion is going to flashback sometimes, but the hair will grow back...I promise.

Please reconsider and come back to the dinner table with us. Clearly, everyone wants you here so come back and pick on the family runt (VI) with us! :)
  • dweebs0r
    Mickey said:
    dweebs0r said:
    ** Delete **  

Lots got to read it dweeb. No problem
    Haha.  I guess that makes me the a**hole.  :)  I'll try to be good.

Back to the topic at hand, @HogHeaven sometimes people on this (and every other internet forum) can be rude, mean, disrespectful, etc.  I am guilty of it and so is everyone else.
    Try to not let it bug you too bad.  Keep cooking on your Egg and learning from and teaching to these guys and gals.  To quote Rodney King, "cant we all just get along?!?!"...

• yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    @Hogheaven, sorry you feel this way. I feel that you brought a needed argument in the temp discussion. I still have yet to comment but I back you up. And even if people disagree that doesn't mean you're not welcome.
    Dunedin, FL
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    That is a true shame. You are obviously a skilled cook and the forum is the loser here. I apologize if you are including my comments with those that made you feel unwelcome. You said you enjoyed a debate.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Z_Eggineer
    Z_Eggineer Posts: 576
    HogHeaven said:
    I have enjoyed my short stay on this website exchanging infomation with lot of wonderful people that have a common interest in one of the finest cooking instruments available. However in my 61 years of living and interacting with people and groups I have found it best to just move on when you are not welcome. Thank you for your knowledge and your willingness to share it. Happy Egging!
    You are welcome and should come back!
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited June 2013
    cazzy said:
    HH, I look at it like we're family here.  
    Cazzy is right.  Every family has a drunken uncle.  "Our" family, unfortunately, has 436 drunken uncles.  But, damn ! they can cook !!!

... and one drunken aunt.  Sorry to leave you out, Kristi.  
    :D

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757

Dude, almost every one here has had a rough experience at some point.

Have you never had a cook which went so bad that you had to throw it in the garbage? Did you throw out your eggs?

Stick around, please and show us moar pork heaven.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• This is 2 months old people. It's over.This week we have had Wicked Good and now this and swing rack have been revisited. Noooooooooo!

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Guys, as far as I know (haven't seen him back) this train has left the station.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    edited June 2013
    This is 2 months old people. It's over.This week we have had Wicked Good and now this and swing rack have been revisited. Noooooooooo!

Yep, old ass thread.  This guy left and hasn't logged on since April 22nd.  His choice, whether I agree with it or not.
  • Aviator
    Ask VI, these guys always lurk. And maybe come back.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited June 2013
    Aviator said: Ask VI, these guys always lurk. And maybe come back.

Yeah.  HH did say he has a pilot's license .... like he's an
    Aviator !   :-\"

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• cazzy
    edited June 2013
    Aviator said:

Yeah.  HH did say he has a pilot's license .... like he's an Aviator !   :-\"

=))
  • Aviator
    edited June 2013
    Aviator said:

Yeah.  HH did say he has a pilot's license .... like he's an Aviator !   :-\"

Is it too early in the week to turn this into a "slap yo mama" thread?

Chattanooga, TN.