Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ, Booze and......................

hondabbq
hondabbq Posts: 1,980

Music........................

I was thinking about what makes the EGG experience for me. Aside, from the unreal taste and challenge of preparing such oppulent items from this contraption, I feel its the overall experience with friends hanging out, making food, and the commaraderie the EGG seems to naturally create. To me I would need to add music to the mix. When I have friends over there is ususally BBQ, booze and music.

I have posted about some of the food I have made, no pics of my rums but trust me they have been there as well. Below is an experience I had just a few weeks ago.

Motley Crue has been a part of my life for 27 years,(yes I am a child of the 80's). I had run into them on the street in Winnipeg when I was just 16 and that was a memory forever. to just bump into them was cool.

I had a chance to purchase a bass that Nikki signs in front of you with whatever inscription you want, get to hang out for a bit and then he plays the bass on stage at the show that night. There was only 1 bass to buy at each show.

After buying the bass, I had a million questions for the production manager, about what my plan was for the bass and how I would liek to have pics done etc, she was extremely accomodating to execute this for me and make the night a 1 in a million experience. When I went to pick up the bass backstage after the show, I gave her a hug adn told her she was my "Angel" for making my night spectacular. She then asked me if I was going to Vegas to see them when they do a residency at the Hard Rock Hotel in the fall. I said I want to, she replied email me and let me know when you are coming donw and tickets are on me, and we will "party Vegas style" I dont know what that means but either way Im looking forward to it.

Below is the pics of the bass gettting signed and played onstage. He was really cool. I cant upload the pic of the rest of the band meeting for some reason.

Comments

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    That is awesome.  Great pics, and a great piece of memorabilia! Enjoy.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• I saw them at the Hard Rock in January. It was awesome. Vince really needs to hit the treadmill though. Tommy and Nikki were great. Lots of fun.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Mick was really cool too. He did a 10 minute solo with 2 holograms of himself on each end of the stage. He and the 2 holograms played back and forth for 10 minutes or so. That was cool.

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Just remember @hondabbq, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Just booked my flights and room at the Hard Rock for the "Evening in Hell" residency with Motley Crue.

I contacted the production manager as per her instruction and we are still a go for some free tickets to the show and to hang out afterwards. I am going to take a few pics of the bass all framed up and show them to Nikki when Im there.

The framing is almost completed, so Im told. Ill take a couple of pics to share here as well.

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    That's awesome! I saw them in Bama a few years back on the Red, White , and Crüe tour.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited August 2013
    \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167

That's a great story, and a great illustration of the age differences on this wonderful forum.  In 1956, age 16 (do the math), I went to a dance in an old road house outside of Olympia, WA, not to dance, just to see the music.......Bill Haley and the Comets.

Since then I have had the opportunity to attend shows featuring, among others,  Fats Domino, Chuck Berry, Clyde McPhatter, LaVerne Baker, and many others.

I'm sure there are many "child of the '80s"types here, as well as '70s and '60s.

Ha Ha I was "15 in 55", the golden age for R&B and Rock n Roll.

Lucky me!

:D
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Cool, was a Crüe fan growing up too, shout at the devil album is still a favorite!

GO BLUE!

Fairfax, Va

• what about an update!

North Alabama - Roll Tide

LBGE 2013

• hondabbq
    edited September 2013
    I get the bass back from the framer this Thursday or Friday. I asked him if we could just mock it up to take a pic to show nikki because I have his NAMM card I want to get signed to put in the framing as well which will have to go in the framing after Vegas.
    Leave for Vegas on Monday. Got confirmation of free tickets from the production manager. Hoping to get backstage to show nikki in person. Shouldn't be an issue. He told her he wants to see it.

Ill post pics when I get it.

Thanks for asking.
  • hondabbq

Here it is all framed up.

Off to Vegas on Monday. Show tickets have been confirmed with the Manager. Gonna live it up Vegas style.

Bring on the dancing girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    What's with the fat chick on stage?

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• jaydub58 said:

That's a great story, and a great illustration of the age differences on this wonderful forum.  In 1956, age 16 (do the math), I went to a dance in an old road house outside of Olympia, WA, not to dance, just to see the music.......Bill Haley and the Comets.

Since then I have had the opportunity to attend shows featuring, among others,  Fats Domino, Chuck Berry, Clyde McPhatter, LaVerne Baker, and many others.

I'm sure there are many "child of the '80s"types here, as well as '70s and '60s.

Lucky me! 

I was 15 in '55 (don't do the math) music will never be the same, still love soft rock , folk and blue grass music. Grandkid's (oldest is 30) think i'm weird 'cause I listen to my kind of music.

Thanks for the memories !!!

Opelika, Alabama
  • jaydub58 said:

Lucky me! 

I was 15 in '55 (don't do the math) music will never be the same, still love soft rock , folk and blue grass music. Grandkid's (oldest is 30) think i'm weird 'cause I listen to my kind of music.

Thanks for the memories !!!
    Forgot to mention...went to a CSN concert about a month ago in Montgomery Al and they blew the roof off of the concert hall ...Far out Man  !!!

Opelika, Alabama