Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hi, my name is cazzy, and I'm an addict.

cazzy
cazzy Posts: 9,136
edited June 2013 in EggHead Forum
I have become obsessed with buying rubs and sauces.  I now get why my wife "needed" to buy 4 pairs of shoes because they were on sale.  They say the first step in recovery is admitting there is a problem.

So here we go, I have a problem:

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....

Comments

• Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191

Cazzy,

Where is your black sesame seeds???

• Mross
    Mross Posts: 338
    Yes you do! In an effort to help you with your obsession please pack up half of those and send them to me for proper disposal. We do not want to be polluting our landfills with those plastic bottles.
    Duncan, SC
  • GA_Dawgs
    GA_Dawgs Posts: 273
    (Group all at once) "Hi Cazzy"
  • Mross
    Mross Posts: 338
    This thread feels like an intervention or AA meeting!
    Duncan, SC
  • LDR
    LDR Posts: 414
    You definitely do have a problem - a few of those jars seem to be getting a bit low.  Better work on that.
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    First time I've seen Tony's on here. Love it. We use it on a ton of our meals instead of salting something we "pass the Tony's!"

XLBGE 
  • cazzy
    edited June 2013
    I wish I could say this included what I'm sending to my draw in the rub & sauce exchange.   [-(
  • The first step is admitting you have a problem.  

The second step is realizing that no, it's not a problem, because rubs and sauces are cheap (for the price of four of those on-sale pairs of shoes, you could buy thirty bottles of Dizzy Pig), food is delicious, and Egging is fun.

The third step is buying a new rub or sauce and trying a new cook.

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
  • I'm an enabler.  Send me all that stuff so you can start shopping for deals again.  b-(
    Flint, Michigan
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Oh and btw

My wife's shoe rack broke today! It's a whole wall in our closest. Guess that last pair was too much. It came crashing down.

XLBGE 
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Other than when she plants it firmly between your buttocks, there is no "family benefit" to the shoe purchases, possibly one member of the family might feel good, her. You on the other hand, in true manly fashion, think of your family first, all those rubs and spices are purchased not for you alone, they are purchased to create culinary works of art, for the benefit of every family member. 
    But yes, there may be a slight issue here. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Those are mostly pretty small bottles.  Til those are all quarts or gallons there's no problem.

PS - if you just hide them where she can't see 'em it's like they don't exist...that's what she does with shoes - bet on it.
  • cazzy
    edited June 2013
    You guys are great!  After I get my new rubs & sauces from the exchange, i'm going to work on earning a 1 year chip.  
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Yes you are a sick puppy. Send all but one to my house.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• cazzy
    Man, you guys are just incredible to offer to take these off my hands.  I don't know how it will help, but maybe I should just start mailing everything to the Elfster mailing list.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522

cazzy said:
    Man, you guys are just incredible to offer to take these off my hands.  I don't know how it will help, but maybe I should just start mailing everything to the Elfster mailing list.
    That's the spirit - the road to recovery is lined with happy, appreciative friends...... You have my address. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Firemedic183
    Firemedic183 Posts: 197
    So if you had to choose JUST ONE....what would it be?
    Persistence and determination are omnipotent!
  • cazzy
    edited June 2013
    I love them all equally.  Does that mean my problem is worse than I thought?   :-SS
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited June 2013
    man, I bet your elfster is sweating bullets right now =))
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Firemedic183
    Firemedic183 Posts: 197
    cazzy said:
    I love them all equally.  Does that mean my problem is worse than I thought?   :-SS

I'm seeing no problem here. Does that mean I am an enabler?
    Persistence and determination are omnipotent!
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    It's not a problem until you start hiding them from the wife because she thinks you have too many. I know this from experience
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    U_tarded said:
    It's not a problem until you start hiding them from the wife because she thinks you have too many. I know this from experience
    I may show this thread to SWMBO so she knows I'm not the only one. My rubs and sauces spread like a cancer in the pantry... first half a shelf, then the full shelf, then three shelves. now they are wherever i can squeeze them into the pantry. 

I believe in softening the blow. First i stash them in the garage for a few days. Then bring themin gradually to the laundry room. Then ever so slowly they infiltrate the pantry when she's not looking. 

On second thought, i'm not showing her this thread... she'll learn my strategy. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • I did that with eggs (3), but Wilma's smart and she caught on.
    Flint, Michigan
  • jccbone62
    jccbone62 Posts: 248
    Thanks to this post, I now realize that I'm not the only one that can't seem to pass up a good deal on seasonings or trying one that looks good enough to try out.  My cabinet is full and I have to stop.  lol....
    XL owner in Wichita, KS
  • Plano_JJ
    Plano_JJ Posts: 448
    Thats kind of what my house looks like but my picky family doesn't like half the ****. My SIL said the pulled pork egg rolls and the brisket with the TXBBQ Rub messed here stomach up but she will eat some nasty ass Spring Creek BBQ which is about 2 notches above shite. 
  • QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    I can only see someone who loves other people by serving them tasty food!  No problem here that I can see!

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• tyenic1
    tyenic1 Posts: 150
    Crazy, thanks for sharing this!! My wife was getting on me a few weeks ago about our cupboard being overtaken by all my rubs, seasoning and sauces. I showed her your picture and she backed off me a little bit! Thanks for that. :-)
  • milesbrown4
    milesbrown4 Posts: 314
    It is the first step in the healing process......send one to each of us on this thread and you'll be good
  • tyenic1
    tyenic1 Posts: 150
    I meant Cazzy, darn auto correct.
  • cazzy
    edited June 2013
    tyenic1 said:

Crazy, thanks for sharing this!! My wife was getting on me a few weeks ago about our cupboard being overtaken by all my rubs, seasoning and sauces. I showed her your picture and she backed off me a little bit! Thanks for that. :-)

Glad to help!! ;)