Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

So I got all these Briskets........

2»

Comments

• Few more pics:

imageimage
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • yellowdogbbq
    yellowdogbbq Posts: 389
    I don't know how you could only eat 3 or 4!  They look amazing!  Send them up north to me and I will dispose of them for you, lol.
  • I don't know how you could only eat 3 or 4!  They look amazing!  Send them up north to me and I will dispose of them for you, lol.
    Thanks. I can do them right. I just don't love them. I would eat BBQ chicken any day over ribs.

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    GQuiz said:

They look amazing. Blues Hog Honey Mustard and Dizzy Dust... that's it? Did you baste with anything after? What internal temp? Sorry for all the questions, but you and Travis spell it out so simple. It's easily repeatable. And my Egg tends to me-proof it.

That's couse we are big dummies.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Those are fantastic looking ribs. Personally, I'm a big fan of plain salt and pepper ribs. In fact, just did some over the weekend and they were glorious! I may put a little sauce on my plate for dipping, but I just love the pure, unadulterated flavor of pork. With most sauces, the pork flavor is totally overshadowed, in my opinion.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727

GQuiz said:
    They look amazing. Blues Hog Honey Mustard and Dizzy Dust... that's it? Did you baste with anything after? What internal temp? Sorry for all the questions, but you and Travis spell it out so simple. It's easily repeatable. And my Egg tends to me-proof it.
    Dizzy dust front and back
    250 dome over oak for about 5 hrs (bend test and bone wiggle test)
    When done, Glaze with BH Honey Mustard for about 15 minutes while setting the table.

That's it. 
    That is pretty much it. Cooking ribs to temp can be iffy since there is not much meat compared to steaks, butts, chicken, etc. The bend, wiggle, or toothpick (slides in and out with little to no resistance) tests are reliable enough. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136

Griffin said:

Looks good CT. What did you think of the salt and pepper ribs? I tried them this weekend. Not impressed.

No bueno. by far the least impressive of the bunch. 

I blame it on execution...mine were fabulous! :D
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    (slides in and out with little to no resistance) t

@Caliking.. I'll have to text you my comments.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727

henapple said:
    (slides in and out with little to no resistance) t @Caliking.. I'll have to text you my comments.
    Good grief... I walked right into that one. =)) That's what I get for trying to help someone out.

FWIW, wrt to the context you are insinuating, I hope you're bringing more to the game than a "toothpick" :D

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mross
    Mross Posts: 338
    If you got all those briskest why the hell am I only seeing a pic of ONE rib? Hmmm?
    Duncan, SC
  • Mross said:
    If you got all those briskest why the hell am I only seeing a pic of ONE rib? Hmmm?

there are 3 pics. none of them very good but there are 3
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    You are so awesome. My life for you

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• You are so awesome. My life for you

Better be nice, i haven't sent your rubs yet......ooops.
  • Mross
    Mross Posts: 338
    You did not get the joke. How much for one rib? I am just bustin your chops. The ribs look amazing.
    Duncan, SC
  • Mross said:
    You did not get the joke. How much for one rib? I am just bustin your chops. The ribs look amazing.

ah- love that movie too! A little slow tonight.......50 cents for a coke? just pour some in my hands!
  • Dave in Florida
    Dave in Florida Posts: 1,157
    Try Blues Hog Original 50/50 mixed with Sonny's Sweet sauce.  I know it sounds like it will be to sweet but it's not.  It is really good.  It's my go to sauce and everyone so far has loved it.  I did pulled pork for the guys I worked with and they raved about the sauce.  It was BH and Sonny Sweet mix.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • Try Blues Hog Original 50/50 mixed with Sonny's Sweet sauce.  I know it sounds like it will be to sweet but it's not.  It is really good.  It's my go to sauce and everyone so far has loved it.  I did pulled pork for the guys I worked with and they raved about the sauce.  It was BH and Sonny Sweet mix.

ok
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Mross said:

ah- love that movie too! A little slow tonight.......50 cents for a coke? just pour some in my hands!
    http://youtu.be/GLboqzl9v4c
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....