Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Egg set-up for 2013

2»

Comments

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    The Battle Wagon in action:
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • R2Egg2Q said:
    The Battle Wagon in action: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

lesser men are already feeling the bitter sting of defeat before their cavernous pits are heated.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Sookie
    Sookie Posts: 335
    My goodness.  I think I'm in love.  Don't tell my spousal unit. 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Looks awesome!

What are you using as a spacer for your dome thermo?
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • BGEXL_Nick
    BGEXL_Nick Posts: 88
    Very impressive setup.  Good Luck!!
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668

Just returned from the 2 day KCBS cook-off in Brentwood.

1st Place Chicken

1st Place Pork

9th Place Ribs

13th Place Brisket

3rd Place overall out of 35 teams....the Eggs have us off to a good start in 2013

Thanks to all of our 2013 sponsors, The Stoker from Rock's Barbque, Dizzy Pig dry rubs, Butcher BBQ Injections and rubs and Santa Clara Valley Smoking Woods.  I have great teammates like Matty P, Johnny Yee, Tim Merrill along with my beautiful Bride.  We couldn't do this without you guys.  Thanks also to the crew at Eggs by the Bay who cranked out a huge Saturday while I was away cooking BBQ today.

Time for a shower and a bed. LOL

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Just returned from the 2 day KCBS cook-off in Brentwood.

1st Place Chicken

1st Place Pork

9th Place Ribs

13th Place Brisket

3rd Place overall out of 35 teams....the Eggs have us off to a good start in 2013

Thanks to all of our 2013 sponsors, The Stoker from Rock's Barbque, Dizzy Pig dry rubs, Butcher BBQ Injections and rubs and Santa Clara Valley Smoking Woods.  I have great teammates like Matty P, Johnny Yee, Tim Merrill along with my beautiful Bride.  We couldn't do this without you guys.  Thanks also to the crew at Eggs by the Bay who cranked out a huge Saturday while I was away cooking BBQ today.

Time for a shower and a bed. LOL

awesome Smitty! What a great day. Would love to ride shotgun with you and sous chef some time. Sounds like a blast.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Congrats! Sounds like a great start!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    It was a long day but a great way to break in Smitty's new trailer. The trailer was great!

The plaques still had the protective plastic film on them. They'll look better after the film is removed.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668

Here's a pic of some proud and tired Eggers on Saturday.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Awesome trailer and congratulations on the awards! =D>
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • freddyj
    freddyj Posts: 129
    Awesome set up
    Kamado Joe Big Joe, Classic & Junior
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Great looking rig. Good luck this year.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • GA_Dawgs
    GA_Dawgs Posts: 273
    Congrats on a great start! Great looking rig also!
  • GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    Congrats. With that first place, you answer the question... the Egg came first. by the way, you should sell some of those shirts. They're cool looking.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • TwoCooks
    TwoCooks Posts: 35
    We have been wondering how people transport Eggs to competitions -- looks magnificent with well planned working space.  Quite the rig .. good luck to you and your team.