Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2013 EggHead Forum Rub & Sauce Exchange

Comments

• chris123stock
    chris123stock Posts: 664

r270ba said:
    So how does this actually work.  When do I send my $25 of goodness to someone and how is it selected who I send it to?
    Did you sign up onthe elfster page? They pick the person. 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited May 2013
    r270ba said:

So how does this actually work.  When do I send my $25 of goodness to someone and how is it selected who I send it to?

On May 31st, at midnight (so technically June 1st), you will receive a email letting you know who your Elfster is. You'll be given a name and address.

This will allow you to see their Wish list and customize your care package to any preferences they may have.

I ask that nobody send out care packages until June 28th if you're mailing within the US. If you're sending packages to Canada, please mail them on June 21st.

I will make a reveal thread on July 1st so people can show off their new rubs and sauces in a consolidated thread.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    Sweet ... Thanks!
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• cazzy
    The goal is to have your care package arrive by July 3rd, so check with your delivery service for approximate estimates and plan accordingly.
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757

Crazzy, that may be cutting it too close. Would it not make sense to receive your package and rubs earlier so you can plan what you are gonna need: meat/chicken/fish. Also marinade time???

Just chewing on it.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    bud812 said:
    I'm thinking (that don't happen often) about adding a bottle of one of our great local wines to my care package as a kicker. Does anybody know about the rules & regs of shiping adult beverages ? I assume that we are all old enough to drink. (burrrp) I'm not sure if I can do that to Canukastan or not if I get one of our northern friends.
    Ah, no. Each province runs the alcohol business in Canuckistan. We cannot import alcohol without significant liquor board markup and tax. Wonderful idea, but unfortunately not to Canada. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Put it in a mouthwash bottle... >:)
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • cazzy
    Aviator said:

Crazzy, that may be cutting it too close. Would it not make sense to receive your package and rubs earlier so you can plan what you are gonna need: meat/chicken/fish. Also marinade time???

Just chewing on it.

I'm fine with whatever the consensus is...what are y'all's thought on when we should shoot to receive our product?

I just push the buttons and make suggestions. Lol
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    cazzy said:

Aviator said:

Just chewing on it.

I'm fine with whatever the consensus is...what are y'all's thought on when we should shoot to receive our product?

Let's ask @Little_Steven, he's the idea guy.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    bud812 said:
    I'm thinking (that don't happen often) about adding a bottle of one of our great local wines to my care package as a kicker. Does anybody know about the rules & regs of shiping adult beverages ? I assume that we are all old enough to drink. (burrrp) I'm not sure if I can do that to Canukastan or not if I get one of our northern friends.
    While not legal I have sent some beers to southern friends and have not been approached by either the Mounties or ATF

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven

Just chewing on it.

I'm fine with whatever the consensus is...what are y'all's thought on when we should shoot to receive our product? I just push the buttons and make suggestions. Lol
    Hahaha! The ones I have participated in have been Christmas things (is it OK to say Christmas here?) The deadline was like the middle of December. It sure wouldn't be right to have folks paying the express postal fees. I would pick a date and go backward two to three weeks.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• henapple

bud812 said:

While not legal I have sent some beers to southern friends and have not been approached by either the Mounties or ATF

Where's my promised Molsons
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    I'd have no issue if someone sends me a case of woodford reserve!!!! :D
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • Little Steven
    Can't you get Forty Creek down there?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Yes....can get it all.Just kiddin around

Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • Eggcelsior

cazzy said:

Aviator said:

Just chewing on it.

Hahaha! The ones I have participated in have been Christmas things (is it OK to say Christmas here?) The deadline was like the middle of December. It sure wouldn't be right to have folks paying the express postal fees. I would pick a date and go backward two to three weeks.

If I can say Kosher you can say Christmas.

On that note can this exchange be now known as the Egghead Festivus? I can bring the pole.
  • henapple
    You bring the pole and I'll bring the girls...
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    edited May 2013
    henapple said:
    You bring the pole and I'll bring the girls...
    sorry you have to use somebody's else's  pole  =)) just kidding of course @henapple but you did leave yourself open 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Brianj5685
    Brianj5685 Posts: 57
    excuse my ignorance, but im new to the forum.  I love this idea, and need help finding the "elfster" page.  Thanks & KCCO
    "Live Fast, Die Fun"

LBGE

Roll Tide 
  • henapple
    Google elfster...
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    If anybody wants to send alcohol I'm your guy. Piss on customs and regulations and all that other crap.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Crazzy, that may be cutting it too close. Would it not make sense to receive your package and rubs earlier so you can plan what you are gonna need: meat/chicken/fish. Also marinade time???

Just chewing on it.

I'm fine with whatever the consensus is...what are y'all's thought on when we should shoot to receive our product? I just push the buttons and make suggestions. Lol
    If I can say Kosher you can say Christmas. On that note can this exchange be now known as the Egghead Festivus? I can bring the pole.
    "And now.........for the airing of grievances"! 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Skiddymarker
    excuse my ignorance, but im new to the forum.  I love this idea, and need help finding the "elfster" page.  Thanks & KCCO
    Just go to the first post, the link is there....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • henapple
    Go to henapple.com, send your gift and I'll pass it on.
  • Skiddymarker
    henapple said:
    Go to henapple.com, send your gift and I'll pass it on.
    You are not helping, but of course you knew that oh, NOT CANADA, addressee.....
    Love it, always something....  
    :))
  • Eggcelsior
    Everybody! The prophecy is nearly fulfilled! I smell page 12...
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    I want to hear more about this "airing of grievances" stuff. It sounds fun. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • travisstrick
    Page 12........ GO
  • travisstrick
    FRIK!!!!!!!!!!!