Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket and Pulled Pork cooked together

Options

Question!!

I have been tasked for cooking the meat for this weekend for our party at the lake this weekend. Here is the problem everyone wants pulled pork and a brisket as well. Can I cook them together? I have a AR so space is no problem. Should I put the pork on top and brisket on bottom? I am looking at cooking these around 275, will this work?

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Of course you can, silly boy. That's how I'd probably do it, set up wise and temp.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    I have the same thing coming up. I think I can do them side by side. Xl for the win:)

I think I'd rather have the brisket on top.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Griffin said:
    Of course you can, silly boy. That's how I'd probably do it, set up wise and temp.

Thank You Yoda. Im thinking starting them Friday night so they are ready for transport on Sat.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    You might switch them after the stall so your brisket develops a good bark. Your pork is going to rain down a half gallon of water on your brisket during the cook and that keeps the bark soft
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

You are strong in the force, young Padawan. Soon, a Jedi Grillmaster you shall be. ;)

Where was my invite to the lake? Fine, if you need me, I'll be at the ranch. :D

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    You might switch them after the stall so your brisket develops a good bark. Your pork is going to rain down a half gallon of water on your brisket during the cook and that keeps the bark soft

That seems to be my dilemma, do I want all that pork juice dripping all over the brisket or vice versa. Will that affect the taste.

Do Pigs and Cows taste better in Harmony?

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.