Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Alternative uses for LBGE

Options
YnT
YnT Posts: 10
Hi everybody - newby here from Russia's Eastern Siberia.

After 9 months I recently received my LBGE from the newly established Russia BGE country dealership by mail. Have to say it was worth waiting for (scallops, pork chops, rib eye, pizza, spatchcock chicken, molten chocolate cake - all fantastic!!). Lurking around this forum made waiting easier and educated me quite a bit so I could hit the ground running when The Egg arrived - so many thanks to all!

Last remark: Russia's dealership is on par with Mothership's reputation: first base arrived with a huge crack (side to side) due to transportation (St. Petersburg-->Novasibirsk-->Sakhalin), was replaced without issues (yes took another 3 months).

Pic shows our new flower pot, any other alternative uses?

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Holy crap - welcome. Man you are a long way away.
    Flower pot is good, looks nice - what are you growing in it? 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Options
    Welcome!!
    Lynnwood WA
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    Welcome to the madness.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    Welcome. I'm looking forward to some Russian type recipes. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • jccbone62
    jccbone62 Posts: 248
    Options
    Welcome to the club. Keep cooking...
    XL owner in Wichita, KS
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options

Welcome!  That is one expensive flower pot.  Great idea for a cracked egg.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Mama Roneck
    Mama Roneck Posts: 386
    Options
    Welcome.  Looking forward to some shashlyk posts!
    Mamaroneck
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    Welcome YnT.  You said Eastern Siberia, how far are you from Kamchatka?

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Welcome.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • dweebs0r
    dweebs0r Posts: 539
    Options
    Welcome.  Enjoy the ride.
       -Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).
  • frankc623
    frankc623 Posts: 168
    Options
    Welcome!
    L-BGE | Westminster, MD
  • smokinsooner
    smokinsooner Posts: 161
    Options
    Welcome! I have an XL flower pot base... growing herbs (rosemary, tarragon, basil, thyme)........... ....and fighting off rabbits
    BOOMER!
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Welcome! Too bad eggs weren't this popular during the Cold War. They would've really helped with détente.
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Options
    Welcome, what kinds of meat can you buy locally? Looking forward to some great recipes I can try here in Texas.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • dougbacker
    dougbacker Posts: 277
    Options
    smokinsooner Go to the barber or beauty shop and get some human hair and put in and around your herb garden = No more bunnies :)

--------------------------------------------------------
    South Dakota
    KBØQBT
    Large BGE, 
    Mini BGE
    36" Blackstone Griddle
    Phoenix Gasser
    Cyber Q WIFI

And a deck box full of toy's

• TwoCooks
    TwoCooks Posts: 35
    Options
    Welcome YnT, this Forum is the greatest for up front knowledge, but with your wait, you were an expert before you even got started.  Glad to heat the worldwide reputation of the Egg and interesting to see the cracked egg can scramble up such a fancy flower pot.  I like the herb garden idea.
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    I live overseas as well.  Thought about bringing my egg, but there's no local source for lump. Do you send lump to yourself?
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • cookinfun
    cookinfun Posts: 129
    Options
    Well....as long as it was under warranty, and didn't cause too much cooking hardship....I think the egg makes a good planter also.  Herbs are a great idea, alto havent tried in an egg, lol.
    (2) LBGEs,  WSM, Vidalia Grill (gasser), Tailgater Grill (gasser)
  • YnT
    YnT Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks all!
    I really like the idea of herbs, currently we have a few roses and some other minor flowers in the egg. Might need to talk to SWMBO to reconsider the garden layout.
    BOWHUNR Kamchatka is a bit over 1000km away from the Island of Sakhalin. Similar to Kamchatka we have bears, salmon etc - slightly less hostile winters though...
    Lump can be bought from local shops year round no worries, general BBQ ing, outdoors cooking and camping is pretty popular over here. 
    egger ave all sorts of meat available (even from Australia and US!) - best is very fresh from the local meat market where the cows enter one side and only leave in smaller pieces (sometimes still warm) at the other side. Let it rest for a few days and it's the best steak you'll ever have.
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I spent a little over three weeks in Russia in 2006 including 12 days in Kamchatka and loved every minute of it!  Awesome that you can get eggs and lump in such a remote place!

Me and one of your Kamchatka neighbors.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • smokinsooner
    smokinsooner Posts: 161
    Options
    awww..sleepy beer.
    BOOMER!