Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SWMBO has been "converted"

Options
After hosting a big Mothers' Day luncheon for ~15 people my wife was impressed with how easily we pulled it off...thanks to using the egg to cook everything (except the salad).  She told me that as we prepare to move into our new house in in the next year we need to plan to purchase another Egg (and to beef up the plans for the outdoor kitchen) so we can host more events at our house

In the past 18 months she's gone from looking at my Egg as an expensive toy, to a necessary appliance/fixture to bake into the construction budget of the new home!

Comments

• CigarSmokinEgger
    Options
  • canegger
    canegger Posts: 540
    Options
    Lucky guy. Way to go
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    Good on you, tells you that your putting out some fantastic meals. :-c
    Large, small, and a mini
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Options
    Smart woman youve got there!
    =D>
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options
    She's one of us now...
    Flint, Michigan
  • Jamieoro
    Jamieoro Posts: 180
    Options
    We aren't all so bad ! ;)
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    I'm already prepping mine for the XXL :x

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited May 2013
    Options
    There are some great recipes for broiled romaine lettuce you know, next time even the salad can go on the egg.....
    BTW - welcome!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    Some are fast learners i guess?  It took my wife about three months to realize she wasn't using the inside kitchen, and how easy it was to just "set the table" for supper(and lunch on the weekends).  And it took another three months before she stopped calling my cooking "leftovers"!!  I have calling it "make aheads"..  We eat good-- for sure!!
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    I'm already prepping mine for the XXL :x

Yes, but once you have it, if you get crossways with her she'll make you sleep in it. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    When I won my fantasy football league 7 years ago the take was $1,200 my wife asked what are you going to do with the cash, when I said pay off some Christmas bills she said and I quote " You always wanted to get that Green Egg didn't you?" I was cooking on it that weekend!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Options
    My wife is my greatest support for buying the eggs. In fact, she chose it (in her mind that is) :D

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• CharlieTN
    CharlieTN Posts: 177
    Options
    Picked up my LBGE this past weekend after lusting for one for a few months and driving my wife crazy with nonstop talk about it.  She was still very skeptical until I fired it up and she smelt the wood smoke.  Now she's hooked and I've only cooked on it twice.  :-)

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options
    Wilma supports my obsession because she cooks a lot less. She wishes I wouldn't spend so much $ on it.
    Flint, Michigan
  • QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    Options
    New acronym coming - SWMBC. Last word is converted.

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• CharlieTN
    CharlieTN Posts: 177
    Options
    Wilma supports my obsession because she cooks a lot less. She wishes I wouldn't spend so much $ on it.
    I've had mine since this past Saturday and she is already worried about how much I'll spend.  I definitely need to cook more, seems to appease her.  :-)

• cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    The expense goes down after the first year. I don't look at the meals as part of the eggspense. We have to eat, right? It just so happens that I like to eat Delmonico steaks
    Mark Annville, PA
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    My wife thought I was crazy when I got mine. After two years, she wouldnt allow me to be without one. She fully supports any egg or egg related gear. They all turn to the dark side after their friends say "Oh, "SWMBO", your husband sure does make delicious BBQ."
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Options
    My wife thought I was crazy when I got mine. After two years, she wouldnt allow me to be without one. She fully supports any egg or egg related gear. They all turn to the dark side after their friends say "Oh, "SWMBO", your husband sure does make delicious BBQ."
    +1 The key is to cook for her and her friends :D

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts