Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

These were good

Options
Little Steven
Little Steven Posts: 28,817
edited May 2013 in Beef

photo DSC_0034-5.jpg

Marinated the meat for about three hours

photo DSC_0030-5.jpg

photo DSC_0037-8.jpg

photo DSC_0039-6.jpg

photo DSC_0044-6.jpg

photo DSC_0046-7.jpg

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Comments

• r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    Options
    Um what and how?  Looks awesome!
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Options
    Looks great, is it skirt steak?
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    That meat looks fabulous ..... 

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Mighty good cook right there!  Meat looks perfectly cooked!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Sure looks good!  

How do you use the foodsaver in the bags with the marinade without it sucking the marinade into the machine? Do you just press stop/seal as soon as you start suckin' ?

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Little Steven
    edited May 2013
    Options

I thought it was flap but I never saw flap that long. Great with any grainy meat. The marinade/glaze is a Toronto made item sort of a fusion of Asian and British. Just cooked it hot...maybe 450

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Options
    Sure looks good!  

How do you use the foodsaver in the bags with the marinade without it sucking the marinade into the machine? Do you just press stop/seal as soon as you start suckin' ?
    I was going to sous vide them. I cut the bag from a roll and went six inches long, pushed the extra towards the machine to get enough to fold and folded it as soon as the marinade started to flow. It's fairly thick and my machine has a removable tray anyway

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    mmmmmm..... meeeaaaat!!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Sure looks good!  

I was going to sous vide them. I cut the bag from a roll and went six inches long, pushed the extra towards the machine to get enough to fold and folded it as soon as the marinade started to flow. It's fairly thick and my machine has a removable tray anyway
    Cool...thanks for the tips!  I should double check if mine has a removable tray.  If it does it is probably full of various marinade I have sucked into it :)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    Yummy!

XLBGE 
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    I trust you enjoyed a beverage with this fine looking meal? Well done my friend. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Whoa Sir
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Little Steven
    Options

So after re-watching this:

http://how2heroes.com/videos/field-trips/beef-education-series-loin-sirloin

I guess they were flap after all. Had only had short pieces before. They were way more tender than Canuck skirt

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    SLURP! nice looking cook
    Large, small, and a mini
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Sure looks good!  

Cool...thanks for the tips!  I should double check if mine has a removable tray.  If it does it is probably full of various marinade I have sucked into it :)
    If it does, it will probably have an alarm to let you know when it is full, good idea to take it out and clean it. Food Saver 3000 series. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    Details on cook? Temp and time? One flip?
    Boom
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I don't know the time...the egg was hot maybe 450-500, pulled when the thickest part was 120. The  marinade is amazing

Steve 

Caledon, ON