Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Austin EggFest

2»

Comments

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    edited April 2013
    Kristi, I saw you on passing, as you were heading to the parking lot but didn't get a chance to introduce myself. Never saw you after. Sorry wanted to say Hi.
    @egger ave. The chorizo was delicious.
    Beleive me all the chefs in attendance were serving top notch grub. I can say there wasn't anything was bad.
    It really was great meeting so many people from here.
    In a big surprise I got to practice my Italian with the guy making pizzas next to Cen-tex (BTW sorry for the Mrs. :) )

And the weather was great. Unlike the drive home.

OK. To anyone on the fence about attending one. Its a great time, but be careful..... we ate so much we ended up being so full we skipped dinner.
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    I left this image out of the uploads. We were just getting set-up. This is always a team effort for us. My friend bought and XL BGE and got a tutorial cooking chorizo. I don't know how he got it home in his Toyota Camry.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    I saw the flames from a safe distance. Some folks shouldn't be trusted with open flames. Life, limb and property were put in peril (maybe).
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,794

"Some folks shouldn't be trusted with open flames."

VI shouldn't be trusted with flint... or a magnifying glass and dried grass... or two sticks and elephant dung... or any other way of starting a fire.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Foghorn said:

"Some folks shouldn't be trusted with open flames."

VI shouldn't be trusted with flint... or a magnifying glass and dried grass... or two sticks and elephant dung... or any other way of starting a fire.

Not my fault.  I think it was lightning.  

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• This is why you don't want to buy a demo egg at an Eggfest.  Tequila burns hot.

Thankfully, the tequila didn't burn off of the bites we had! Delicious, Gary and Pam!

I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • tazcrash said:

Kristi, I saw you on passing, as you were heading to the parking lot but didn't get a chance to introduce myself. Never saw you after. Sorry wanted to say Hi.

Sorry I missed you, @tazcrash! Next one! ;)
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • newby84
    newby84 Posts: 133
    I am so ashamed.  Having a small trailer, I was only able to hog 3 parking places at the Austin Eggfest.  I could have parked sideways, but another car was blocking me.

Is that a Kendon trailer?
  • Village Idiot
    newby84 said:

No, it's a Droptail trailer.  I love it.  As the name implies, the tail drops down for easy loading and unloading the bike.  You raise the tail easily by a hydraulic lever.  Also, you can stand it up in the garage for easy storage.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025

newby84 said:

No, it's a Droptail trailer.  I love it.  As the name implies, the tail drops down for easy loading and unloading the bike.  You raise the tail easily by a hydraulic lever.  Also, you can stand it up in the garage for easy storage.

I believe the purpose of owning a bike is to ride it... Not tow it around behind a prius. Kinda takes away from the scary biker image.

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Village Idiot
    edited April 2013
    henapple said:

I believe the purpose of owning a bike is to ride it... Not tow it around behind a prius. Kinda takes away from the scary biker image.
    If I had a touring bike, I would.  But, a Sportster is not made for riding 250 miles (x2) with a rider on the back.  Could be done, but wouldn't be enjoyable.

And, puleeese.  That is NOT a prius.  It's a BMW X3.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364

I have to agree henapple.  The only time you would see a bike towed via trailer on either side of the Mississippi here is if it were dumped. :))

Could've upgraded to a bigger bike with the cost of the trailer?

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Village Idiot
    Focker said:

Could've upgraded to a bigger bike with the cost of the trailer?

Not hardly.

Cost of trailer.  $2,500
    Cost differential between my bike and a Gold Wing  $12,000 to $19,000.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• henapple
    That's a dyna isn't it?
  • Village Idiot
    henapple said:
    That's a dyna isn't it?
    No.  Sportster 1200 Custom.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• henapple
    I had a 92 dyna.... Miss it.
  • Village Idiot
    henapple said:
    Dynas are a step up from the Sportsters.  I wish I had bought one, but I'm happy with mine.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited April 2013
    henapple said:
    Dynas are a step up from the Sportsters.  I wish I had bought one, but I'm happy with mine.

I really want a Vespa 50 now.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Village Idiot
    FORUM ADMINISTRATOR !!! WE HAVE A TROLL AMONGST US !!  This sleaze ball added to my comments, stating that I want a Vespa 50cc.  He knows I wouldn't even think about getting a girly bike like a Vespa 50cc.  I'm a man's man and he was trying to de-masculinate me.

I really want a Vespa 90cc.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    edited April 2013
    Put some fun between your legs...ride a bicycle :)  Then the cc debate is left to... :)>-  (certainly not an original thought-have a great day!)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • henapple
    I bought it in 05...guy had it in a warehouse. 418 miles on it. $7000.
  • Village Idiot
    henapple said:
    I bought it in 05...guy had it in a warehouse. 418 miles on it. $7000.
    Great buy !!!!

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• newby84
    newby84 Posts: 133
    newby84 said:

That's good to know I've been looking at the Kendons for the easy garage storage ill look into these as well
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Did anyone get the chance to meet my buddy Beli? I saw pics of him and his daughter Valeria, didn't see Loren, his wife

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Village Idiot
    Did anyone get the chance to meet my buddy Beli? I saw pics of him and his daughter Valeria, didn't see Loren, his wife
    Beli ?  I think so.  There was this guy walking around saying "Yo tengo hambre, Yo tengo hambre"

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    I owned a dirt bike for a few hours one fine Christmas. Started her up and hauled ass into a deepppppp ditch. Totaled. Or at least my parents told me it was.... I am jealous of the vespa.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • I noticed something in a picture from Austin, so I zoomed in.  Guess who was sporting this on his shirt?

Flint, Michigan
  • Village Idiot
    My bike !!!!!  It was on my shirt and matched my tennis shoes.

Dripping Springs, Texas.