Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Breakfast on the Egg

Crispix49
Crispix49 Posts: 191
edited April 2013 in EggHead Forum
Changed things up a bit this morning.  I called the Egg out of the bullpen early for some work on a Saturday morning.  I heated the egg to 375* and then let the half-moon griddle "soak" in the heat for about 15-20 minutes. 

Made bacon, then scrambled eggs (in the bacon grease) and then pancakes. 

I have never seen my kids eat so much for breakfast; they loved it!.  The bacon was very good, but comparable to cooking it on the stove, but I thought the eggs and pancakes turned out better than on the stove.  All in all, I definitely plan to do again.

Atlanta suburbs
Large & Mini owner
UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!

Comments

• Springram
    Springram Posts: 430
    Looks very nice. I also have a Mini and love it. 

Is that a BGE griddle?

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
  • Crispix49

Springram said:
    Looks very nice. I also have a Mini and love it. 

Is that a BGE griddle?

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    I think it is...I bought it at a BGE dealer, but not sure if it is BGE "brand".  I like the griddle for fish too.  Very underrated eggcessory.
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
  • Springram
    Back to the eggs and bacon........I assume you had to season the griddle so the eggs would not stick.  Mmmmmm..pancakes. I am a diabetic so can't have those.

I am go get one of the half-moon griddles. I like what I see.

Springram
    LBGE and Mini
  • Crispix49

Springram said:
    Back to the eggs and bacon........I assume you had to season the griddle so the eggs would not stick.  Mmmmmm..pancakes. I am a diabetic so can't have those.

I am go get one of the half-moon griddles. I like what I see.

Springram
    It was seasoned from prior use, but I just threw the bacon on a the grease took care of it.  Very tasty eggs, although they were kind of brown due to the bacon grease.
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Very nice.  I have been thinking about getting one of those.

Here's another approach.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• swb10pin
    swb10pin Posts: 3

Doc Eggerton,

I am a new BGE owner, but a foodie all of my life.  Is that wok and or wok stand custom made?

• swb10pin
    swb10pin Posts: 3
    swb10pin said:

Doc Eggerton,

I am a new BGE owner, but a foodie all of my life.  Is that wok and or wok stand custom made?  I have seen the wok stand with the holes around the base, just never directly over the coals as shown in your pics.

• Doc_Eggerton
    swb10pin said:

Doc Eggerton,

I am a new BGE owner, but a foodie all of my life.  Is that wok and or wok stand custom made?

A Woo from the Ceramic Grill Store.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    That's some good looking breakfast

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Crispix49 looks great ,making breakfast on the egg is a sunday morning thing here lots of fun 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    edited April 2013
    Looks like a great meal. I love firing up my cookers in the morning... Something about the smell of charcoal and coffee in the morning.

Lodge makes a small round CI griddle plate that works great as a griddle. Should be just the right size for a mini.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Springram
    *Doc_Eggerton ......isn't that a Sprider rather than a Woo?

Springram
    Spring, Texas

LBGE and Mini
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Springram said:
    *Doc_Eggerton ......isn't that a Sprider rather than a Woo?

Springram
    Spring, Texas

Nope, it's Woo, but it is not the Adjustable Rig.  It raises the grid to the felt line.

• I love (or used to before Atkins ruled my life) pancakes cooked on the Egg. They get a slight smokey taste that's Heaven with pure maple syrup.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Crispix49
    Very nice.  I have been thinking about getting one of those.

Here's another approach.
    I like that as well.  Thanks.  I have a mini on order, which I'll be picking up at the GA Mountain Eggfest.  Im getting the set up for a wok on the mini.
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
  • dougbacker
    dougbacker Posts: 277
    I love my half-moon griddle I use it a bunch

--------------------------------------------------------
    South Dakota
    KBØQBT
    Large BGE, 
    Mini BGE
    36" Blackstone Griddle
    Phoenix Gasser
    Cyber Q WIFI

And a deck box full of toy's

• Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Very nice, that "half round" is i my "need list"!