Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

This looks pretty cool

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited April 2013
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    After egging for three years, i have my method of temperature control down to where i know what to expect out of my factory equipment --  this would throw my system into a setback!! >:D<
  • I received mine 2 days ago and will install it today. This thing is well made and it last as long as my Egg. Looks great too.
    Go Hogs Go
  • WC1
    WC1 Posts: 42
    Looks good, but every once in a while i like to sneak a peek from the top through the daisy wheel.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    I have ZERO need in one. NEVER use the daisy wheel. Wow, I get to save money......
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    For those that have no cover for their eggs, the "settings of the petals can change when you open your egg" DFMT is sometimes less than preferred.
    Once you get the hang of using it, the DFMT works very well when skies are clear, when it is pounding rain, not so much. The SS replacement cap keeps its settings and is a DFMT/rain cap combination which looks like it work just fine for those who need it. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • MikeP624
    MikeP624 Posts: 292
    Might need to get me one of these.  Since i am moving to Portland i am going to have to start dealing with egging in the rain.
  • Plano_JJ
    Plano_JJ Posts: 448

I'm assuming this thing can be adjusted like the daisy wheel?

• ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    edited April 2013
    That a much nicer prettier version of my $8 special from the "big box" store.
    Mine doesn't stay on when I open the lid but it does work nicely in a pinch if I need it. And it fits over the top of the DFMT so it doesn't mess with my settings.

Packerland, Wisconsin

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    MikeP624 said:
    Might need to get me one of these.  Since i am moving to Portland i am going to have to start dealing with egging in the rain.
    Up here in the Seattle area, I have both of my eggs sitting under a free standing patio umbrella.  Works well for me.  But then, I ordered one of these caps anyway, and I am moving to Texas!  Go figure.  :)
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • smbishop said:
    MikeP624 said:
    Up here in the Seattle area, I have both of my eggs sitting under a free standing patio umbrella.  Works well for me.  But then, I ordered one of these caps anyway, and I am moving to Texas!  Go figure.  :)
    come on down. You wont' be needing a rain cap down here very often :))

where are you moving?

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    edited April 2013
    smbishop said:
    MikeP624 said:

where are you moving?

+1... Trust me, Long time Texan here. ;)

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Just installed mine and made a spatchcocked chicken. I love it. It is solid and works great. Highly recommend it.
    Go Hogs Go
  • calracefan
    calracefan Posts: 606
    Got one on order !

Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    tazcrash said:
    smbishop said:
    MikeP624 said:

where are you moving?

+1... Trust me, Long time Texan here. ;)

Looking North of Arlington.  My wife is a born and raised Arlington girl...  any suggestions or comments?
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • chrisnjenn
    chrisnjenn Posts: 534
    Kemmy is too cool for us.
  • cookinfun
    cookinfun Posts: 129
    Well, solves rain / some wind problems, actually I think I will try.
    (2) LBGEs,  WSM, Vidalia Grill (gasser), Tailgater Grill (gasser)
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Use the code "AUSTIN" in all caps for a 15% discount until May 10 when you are one.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • ElDestructo
    ElDestructo Posts: 45
    So I moved to Seattle in January from Arizona.... slight change of weather. Is this something that is needed? In AZ the most I had to worry about was sun damage of the Mates (yes it happens).  The Egg has been in storage now for several while we wait for our house to be built (done in July). I think I may treat the lbge to a bit of a tuneup (new gasket etc) maybe even a table for its new home in Seattle.