Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT what's your "other" hobby

Options

Comments

• Plano_JJ
    Plano_JJ Posts: 448
    Options

Pistols/shooting, working in the yard/fixing stuff at the house, hangin out with my girls, bourbon, cigars, rock concerts, playing guitar when I have the time. The simple things.

Used to be ate up with bass fishing, fished regional tournaments for about 12 years. Now I'm not that mad at them anymore and I mainly just fish to enjoy but I barely go. The boat just sits and that's one of the worst things for it. Kinda want to sell it but the wife wont let me, go figure.

• Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    Fishing, traveling to the stores to buy necessary products to produce foods seen here on this forum!! :((
  • pasoegg
    pasoegg Posts: 447
    Options

@BigWader

I work in the car business (Toyota) and there is no extra time....it's work / farm upkeep / horses / sleep....wife gets my son where he needs to be...the welding only happens if I can slip it in on a rainy day

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

• cajunduck
    cajunduck Posts: 203
    Options
    Duck hunting, Baseball, and fishing with my family.
    Geaux Tigers!! West Monroe, Louisiana
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options

Shooting, flying helicopters, restoring pinball machines, working on my DeLorean, and my three young children.

(Not much time or money for the aforementioned hobbies anymore)

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    henapple said:
    My kids got involved in several things and my work keeps me covered up. A few years ago I sold my boat and Harley. My neighbor used my boat more than me and the bike was just a garage decoration. Maybe later in life... I'm treasuring my time with the kids. Baby girl graduates this year and will be gone... Part of me is dying and the other part proud.
    I feel your pain, my baby girl is graduating this year as well. Time sure fly's by.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    My oldest son graduates next month too.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    @BigWader, My kids are all grown so it leaves a little more time for pursuing some of my interests.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options

Bowhunr

What did that griz weigh? Holy sh!t

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    edited April 2013
    Options

Bowhunr

What did that griz weigh? Holy sh!t

No way to weigh it but the game biologist estimated 900-1000 lbs. due the the length and girth.  The hide squared 9' 8".

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    I've got plenty of hobbies/interest, but like others have mentioned, they've been modified since I've grown from college life, to married man, to father of 1.5 working two jobs and in grad school.

I used to hunt and fish year round and prolly played a round of golf every other day in the summer.

Now I cook for my family, fly with my father in law, love keeping my yard up, do some hunting/fishing with my dad, and I collect guns and shoot when the money/time is available. Playing with my daughter is top of the list. I'm a busy man, so when there is free time, my wife and daughter trump all of my hobbies, not because I'm told to, but they are what really matter in the long run.

I do get a good man night at least 2-3 times a month.

XLBGE 
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Options
    I forgot to also put that my number one hobby is my 2 girls ! My wife says I am a pushover but hey, they are my girls!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options

I've got plenty of hobbies/interest, but like others have mentioned, they've been modified since I've grown from college life, to married man, to father of 1.5 working two jobs and in grad school.

I used to hunt and fish year round and prolly played a round of golf every other day in the summer.

Now I cook for my family, fly with my father in law, love keeping my yard up, do some hunting/fishing with my dad, and I collect guns and shoot when the money/time is available. Playing with my daughter is top of the list. I'm a busy man, so when there is free time, my wife and daughter trump all of my hobbies, not because I'm told to, but they are what really matter in the long run.

I do get a good man night at least 2-3 times a month.

The first "man night" I've had in forever was salado. The first time in 15 years of work travels I've ever stopped for fun. I won't miss another as long as I'm breathing.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    my son and i race 1/32 scale slot cars together he's also a 2 time national champion 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    Aside from kid duty, driving / modding my vette and watching sports is what I do to unwind.  I use to be into drag racing, but staying away from the track has been good for the budget.  ;)

Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Options
    @Bowhunr is that a Sable Antelope? Did you get that here or in South Africa?
    Lynnwood WA
  • milesbrown4
    milesbrown4 Posts: 314
    Options
  • erniemcclain
    Options

Cook.  Eat,  Hunt. Play cowboy at my friends ranch with real live horses and cattle.  Come to think of it, branding season is upon us. 

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

• erniemcclain
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    henapple said:
    My kids got involved in several things and my work keeps me covered up. A few years ago I sold my boat and Harley. My neighbor used my boat more than me and the bike was just a garage decoration. Maybe later in life... I'm treasuring my time with the kids. Baby girl graduates this year and will be gone... Part of me is dying and the other part proud.
    I feel your pain, my baby girl is graduating this year as well. Time sure fly's by.

I hear ya, but wait until that baby is getting married.  Mine is on 5-11-13.  Yikes,  Where has all the time gone?  Two daughters married in a 8.5 month span.  Very Blessed.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Besides cooking and egging...

Spending time with family
    Photography
    Reading
    Golf
    Cigars
    Fine Spirits :))
    Knives
    Technology

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    double said:
    @Bowhunr is that a Sable Antelope? Did you get that here or in South Africa?
    Yes it's a Sable.  Got it in Zimbabwe in 2010.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • lwrehm
    lwrehm Posts: 381
    Options
    Homebrewing beer and 60's and 70's era Cub Cadet Garden tractors
  • blueinatl
    blueinatl Posts: 94
    Options
    Kosko said:
    What's your other hobby besides egging? I enjoy gardening, fishing, camping and following motocross.
    I play pool (8 ball, 9 ball, 10 ball, one pocket and straight pool).  Does drinking wine and eating out count as a hobby?  If so, then I have more than 1 other hobby!
    Peachtree Corners, GA. Large BGE
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    I spend as much time as I can with my 1yr old granddaughter, which is usually about every Saturday. When I am not being Poppy or eggin I am out on the motorcycle

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • daffy1909
    daffy1909 Posts: 498
    Options
    golf woodworking and drinking beer!!!! >:)