Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

#2 Down?

2»

Comments

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    I say get all of the information they can out of him and then let the families of the victims have at him.

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • HogHeaven
    HogHeaven Posts: 326
    I hope he shoots himself in the head right before he is captured... The cost of one bullet VS a trial and legal fee's, the cost of imprisonment and appeals. What's done is done, let it go and move on.
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    No death penalty in Massachutes - sad.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited April 2013
    GrannyX4 said:
    I believe terrorism is a federal crime.  Think Timothy McVeigh.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• GrannyX4 said:

I believe terrorism is a federal crime.  Think Timothy McVeigh.

True but people in Oklahoma will give you the death penalty if you say they didn't give him the death penalty ( I think they did too just for good measure).
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    edited April 2013

He don't need death penalty. He will be "had" in so many ways. Being 19 an all. His "life" as a ... just has begun.

Sorry I had to go back and tone it down.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Oh, yes, I must be having a brain ......! Thanks for reminding me.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Force feed him a Boston Butt!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Bayarad
    Bayarad Posts: 313
    He's an enemy combatant and should be patched up and sent off to GITMO! But he is also a naturalized citizen! Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out!
  • canegger
    canegger Posts: 540
    I was hoping somebody else got hom before they did
  • Bayarad
    Bayarad Posts: 313
    We need as much intelligence as we can get from him before due process kicks in!!!
  • I have no use to hear what that human debris has to say and I hope he meets his 72 virgins real soon.  May he awaken in the here after to find a group of big hogs doing unspeakable things to him and his brother.

Freddie,

It's like your buddy Don said "If a little torture can save just one Canadian life I have three things to say..Red is positive, black is negative and make sure his nuts are wet"

GRAPES!  The guy is a national treasure!  I remember in the 80's when the Wings sucked.  Grapes said Yzerman was doing everything for the Wings, but driving the Zamboni.  Classic.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    He is too. You gotta love the guy

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    The US attorney said he is a public safety exemption. They get to smack him around before they mirandize him. Good thing it was a federal investigation.
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    oh how sarcasm is lost once text enters the interwebs of forum space....

XLBGE 
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Just read he's going to the same hospital that the cop they shot last night is in critical condition. I'm sure he'll have a good support system there. He better hope the cops get to him before his angry Uncle does. That dude was pissed.
    we had a shoot out in a grocery store parking lot about three years ago.  the shooter and one of the cops he shot were both critical and going to be placed in the same CCU beds apart.... instead we set up a make shift CCU bed in the tower for the shooter and locked down the CCU with the cop in it.  It was an odd weekend with armed guards in the unit

XLBGE 
  • Just read he's going to the same hospital that the cop they shot last night is in critical condition. I'm sure he'll have a good support system there. He better hope the cops get to him before his angry Uncle does. That dude was pissed.
    Omg that dude was pissed, if he gets to talk to him, the kid better hope he is in his cell. Or police protection, its not going to be good for him. As it should be I say.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

Just read he's going to the same hospital that the cop they shot last night is in critical condition. I'm sure he'll have a good support system there. He better hope the cops get to him before his angry Uncle does. That dude was pissed.

we had a shoot out in a grocery store parking lot about three years ago.  the shooter and one of the cops he shot were both critical and going to be placed in the same CCU beds apart.... instead we set up a make shift CCU bed in the tower for the shooter and locked down the CCU with the cop in it.  It was an odd weekend with armed guards in the unit

When I was in Shock Trauma, we'd have the cop on one side of the unit under armed guard and the suspect under arrest on the other side.

Awkward...
  • Just read he's going to the same hospital that the cop they shot last night is in critical condition. I'm sure he'll have a good support system there. He better hope the cops get to him before his angry Uncle does. That dude was pissed.

That's when you need cops upstairs to protect from the cops downstairs :)
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    one thing that confuses me is the call for the guy to be called a terrorist and the demand for the death penalty. to me there's no difference in what these men did than any other cold blooded murder. a person that walks into a store and kills one person...8 years old or 80 deserves the same and inflicts as much terror.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Village Idiot
    henapple said:
    one thing that confuses me is the call for the guy to be called a terrorist and the demand for the death penalty. to me there's no difference in what these men did than any other cold blooded murder. a person that walks into a store and kills one person...8 years old or 80 deserves the same and inflicts as much terror.
    I may be wrong, but if you don't call him a terrorist, then the crime becomes a state crime, which in Massachusetts, forbids the death penalty,  However, if called a terrorist, then it is federal offense, and the death penalty is an option. 

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited April 2013
    II think terrorism is to cause disorder. If these two acted on their own then they have provided a model to any mutts with a beef against our lifestyle, freedom, governments or morals. They shut Boston down for a week, gave the talking heads a month's worth of fodder and had the whole world watching. Scary business

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• setdahook
    setdahook Posts: 284
      The difference is he wanted to terrorize the population 

1. to coerce or control by violence, fear, threats, etc.
    2. to inspire with dread; terrify

The bloody #@$@$! had no rights to me anymore I say get what they can for information any way they need.

I tend to think they should be treating the drug rings the same way though they and the gang bangers are terrorists just the same.
  • henapple said:

I respectfully disagree. The results of 3 dead and scores wounded speak for themselves. Lets suppose the results were comparable to a store shooting. There is something primal that sparks terror (thus the term terror-ist) in people with the use of explosives. Also, the victims were not in a store where cash is collected and exchanged for goods and services. They were out watching or participating in a race where you woyld not expect sudden bodily harm. Just my view.
    Flint, Michigan
  • henapple
    what I meant is to me they're all terrorist.

1. to coerce or control by violence, utnce, fear, threats, etc.
    2. to inspire with dread; terrify

by this definition gangs could be considered terrorist.

Jews are under constant threat of bombings on buses, stores and work places. it matters not to me where it's at. 911 was perpetrated at the symbol of commerce.

I realize legally we need to call these murderers terrorist...I guess I feel the person that walks into a movie theater or school and shoots people deserves the same.... the chair.
  • henapple
    Had an interesting conversation Sunday and it's something worth thinking about. Jefferson said something about giving up freedom for security... These guys are scum but are American citizens. We open the door to bypass the law it might be Pandora's box. Who decides when to supercede the law and our rights? Could this bite us in the ass down the road? Gun owners might think about this.

Just a thought.
  • Village Idiot
    henapple said:
    Jefferson said something about giving up freedom for security... 
    It was Ben Franklin.  

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Saw a news quote the day after the bombing that disturbed me. 
    Some guy in an airport said something to the effect of "I won't complain if they wanted to body cavity search me today"

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • henapple
    Our fore father's set a system to protect us from our government, from ourselves. The constitution has become a rag that some people do their best to ignore and there's many people willing to go along.