Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza Dough!

So I am frustrated. I have made pizza dough dozens of times and cannot get it right. Seems like it can't be that hard to screw up right? Wrong. This guy manages to. Last week made some and it turned out great. This week made some and it was super firm and kind of flakey. it doesn't roll well at all.

thoughts??

Comments

• Can you tell me more? What kind of crust are you going for (Chicago? New York? Neapolitan? Sicilian?) I prefer not to roll mine. Besides having to wash an extra tool, over working the dough makes it tough.
  • New york style crust is preferred.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    some folks have a feel for dough others do not. I was one of the do nots. Started weighing everything. Eureka! it all became so easy. Consistent results. I like the cold process NY style dough on America's Test Kitchen, well worth the watch. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • some folks have a feel for dough others do not. I was one of the do nots. Started weighing everything. Eureka! it all became so easy. Consistent results. I like the cold process NY style dough on America's Test Kitchen, well worth the watch. 
    This! I like ATK (same as Cook's Illustrated) recipe for the dough, but I find dividing into three portions works better for the size of the pizza stone on the BGE (If you like NY style). I also improvise with my own sauce and toppings. Be gentle with the dough. If you accidentally over work it, shape that portion into a ball and let it rest until it relaxes a bit. Here is a link to the recipe: