Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What do you put it on?

I don't have easy access to Dizzy Pig, so I recently picked up the sample pack to see which bottles I want to buy. It's safe to say I'm getting close to buying all of them. Today, I sprinkled some Dust on a cheese omelet and was blown away by with it. So lets hear it, what do you put your DP on.
LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200

Swamp venom has replaced cajun seasonings at our house. Even used it in making a salad dressing the other night.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Swamp Venon on wings is easily one of my favorites.  Pineapple Head on pineapple or peaches is great too.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    I use dizzy dust on ribs and butts, Cow lick or raising steaks on beef. Swamp venon on wings but use it for a little kick on anything.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Anyone have any non-traditional uses?
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Griffin said:

Swamp venom has replaced cajun seasonings at our house. Even used it in making a salad dressing the other night.

Salad dressing you say? Did you just dash some in an oil and vinegar type concoction?
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    I used some Dizzy Dust on some sauteed onions cooked on the stove.  The onions alone were fantastic!  I used them to make a grilled cheese with leftover pulled pork + the sauted onions on sourdough.  It rocked.   \m/

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Greeno55 said:
    Griffin said:

Salad dressing you say? Did you just dash some in an oil and vinegar type concoction?

Home made Italian dressing for marinating chicken.

• 2 Tbl Ground mustard
    • 2 smashed garlic cloves
    • 1 Tbl red pepper flakes
    • 1 Tbl sugar
    • 1/2 tsp dry basil
    • 1/2 tsp dry oregano
    • 2 Tbl DP Raging River
    • 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
    • 1 cup EVOO
    • Mix everthing together except the EVOO and then stir and drizzle the vinegar in. Marinate chicken overnight.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    • Pineapple Head on vanilla ice cream and fruit
    • Raging River on Salmon and Chicken Wings
    • Raising the steaks on any beef
    • I mix Dizzy dust and brown sugar on ribs
    • Its all good - Cowlick in Chilli
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • J_Que
    J_Que Posts: 223
    Greeno55 said:
    Anyone have any non-traditional uses?

I dizzy dust bacon every once and a while. Also like to sprinkle a little venom on my hash browns.
    I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Red eye express on baked beans!.........it's Killer!!!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • Non-traditional?  Sometimes we put Pineapple Head on pork chops.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Plano_JJ
    Plano_JJ Posts: 448
    I put DD in fried eggs to make a sammich and its phenomenal. I also put Raising the Steaks in ground meat for sliders and they will knock your socks off. Have to do a couple of tester patties to get the mixture right though.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Greeno55 said:
    Griffin said:

I'm sorry (and I'm being sincere, not joking around like all the other apologies the last 2 days). I totally missed your question originally. Wasn't trying to ignore you.

1/4 cup light mayonnaise 2 tbsp lemon juice 1 tbsp water 1/2 tsp Swamp Venom (adjust to taste) image  

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    I'm sorry that Griff had to offer a sincere apology. 

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Pineapple Head in sweet potato hash, swamp venom in bloody marys and in tarter sauce, cow lick on sliced tomatoes and in flour for braised shortribs, Firewalk on grilled plantains, Bombay Curryish in chicken coconut stew......and the list goes on.  I use Dizzy Pig rubs almost every day on the egg or in the kitchen.  
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    I like Cow Lick on my eggs and tomatoes. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,662
    a light dusting of raising the steaks goes well with some room temp sharp cheddar. i dust it on while cold and let it warm up in the sun on my cutting board
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    I'm with Fred, Pineapple Head is our go to for pineapple glaze on anything pork, chops/loins/ham. 
    It also has about 1/2 the salt of most DP rubs per tsp. Credit to them, they do make some that are salt free, must give those a try. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!