Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Cupcake Lasagna

I labeled this OT because I did it in the oven.  However, it would work well in the Egg.

I have a rule to only post a recipe once, but I can't remember if I've done this here, so I am posting it (again, maybe).
They are really easy and quick to make, and use wonton wrappers for the pasta, which makes it more healthy.

I have changed my ways recently.  I no longer waste time on plating, I drink store bought wine, feed it to my average wife, and take pictures with my iPhone, after I've driven to the grocery store in my Nissan.

Lasagna Cupcakes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ingredients:

1/3 pound Ground beef

Salt & Pepper

24 Wonton skins

1 3/4 cups Parmesan cheese

1 3/4 cups Mozzarella, shredded

3/4 cup Ricotta Cheese

1 cup Pasta Sauce

Basil, for garnish (optional)

Directions:

1. 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.

2. Brown beef, and season with salt and pepper. Drain.

3. 3Cut wonton wrappers into circle shapes (about 2 1/4- inches) using a biscuit cutter or using the top of a drinking glass. You can cut several at a time. Note: For a more rustic look, no cutting necessary!

4. Reserve 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese and 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese for the top of your cupcakes. Start layering your lasagna cupcakes. Begin with a wonton wrapper and press it into the bottom of each muffin tin. Sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese, and mozzarella cheese in each. Top with a little meat and pasta sauce

5. 5Repeat layers again (i.e. wonton, Parmesan, ricotta, mozzarella, and pasta sauce). Top with reserved Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.

6. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until edges are brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. To remove, use a knife to loosen the edges then pop each lasagna out.

7. 7Garnish with basil and serve.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
Just west of Austintatious

Comments