Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lookin' for trouble

I never would have thought this would work until I went to my buddy's house an tried his brisket.  It absolutely destroyed any other brisket I've ever tasted.  So anywho, I'm thinking of giving this method a whirl.  Thoughts?

http://www.food.com/recipe/the-beefiest-juiciest-brisket-what-am-the-smokyokie-method-207187

Comments

• Badong
    Badong Posts: 126
    OK, we're underway.  Burnt the crap out the brisket and now it's sitting in the pan.  Kind of nervous . . .
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    It's basically a Travis method sans adding braising liquid.  The liquid will form on it's own and will be from the brisket.  Initial sear.  Then deglaze cooking pan for a sauce.  Should be fine, let us know how it turns out.
    Everything turned out well.  Not quite as good as my buddy but the flat was more tender and juicy than what I usually get (and this was a grass-fed brisket from Paidom).
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Nice.  Refine, repeat, report and we'll all learn something.
  • It's basically a Travis method sans adding braising liquid.  The liquid will form on it's own and will be from the brisket.  Initial sear.  Then deglaze cooking pan for a sauce.  Should be fine, let us know how it turns out.

with a sear and a crutch, a grill, and a smoker. Lots of moving parts on this one.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Badong
    Badong Posts: 126
    I used the egg to sear the meat.  It's complicated to be sure.  I wouldn't have bothered with it if I hadn't been so impressed with the product.  I want to try it with a conventionally raised brisket.