Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking this weekend?

Options
3 racks of baby backs with Dizzy Pig on the Large BGE for tonight, the cure for the batch of Canadian Bacon is cooling on the stove. The CB will cure for a week and cook next Saturday. Playing with a new Chorizo recipe for the Athens Eggfest this week. Nothing special for tomorrow, with 2 of us, left over ribs tomorrow for lunch. Chorizo for dinner tomorrow. What are you cooking?
1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Well they had crown pork roast on sale but I cut it up into 3" chops. Been in the sous vide for a couple of hours. Seasoned with Hawg Rub and turbinato sugar. Tied them so they stayed thick. Egg is lit with woo and CI grid in.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• scaryangel
    scaryangel Posts: 135
    Options
    Bourbon maple ham for tomorrow and a rib roast for tonight.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options

We're trying to replicate a big fancy hotel buffet.  French toast and bacon, bunch of chopped veggies, etc for an "omelet bar" and a "pasta bar", carving station with spiral ham and beef tenderloin, grilled asparagus and smashed potatoes... oh yeah, and salad and fruit.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Options
    Foghorn said:

We're trying to replicate a big fancy hotel buffet.  French toast and bacon, bunch of chopped veggies, etc for an "omelet bar" and a "pasta bar", carving station with spiral ham and beef tenderloin, grilled asparagus and smashed potatoes... oh yeah, and salad and fruit.

I am up for ride to San Antonio, what time is dinner? BTW are you cooking the Austin or Athens Egggfest?
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Doing some lamb pops and bacon wrapped asparagus tomorrow and doing a blah ham reheat in the big clock.
  • Foghorn
    Options

"I am up for ride to San Antonio, what time is dinner? BTW are you cooking the Austin or Athens Egggfest?"

1) You don't want to be a part of our mix.  You're too nice to fit in.  My wife spent hours trying to sort out what we are doing for Easter because her mom and our best friends can't get along... Just like in Salado, my son and I are going to just quietly focus on the grilling.

2) Unfortunately, I have work obligations the weekends of the Athens and Austin Eggfests.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Today I did some pulled pork. Tomorrow morning I will be doin a blackberry glazed ham to take to moms for Easter

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • egger ave
    Options
    Foghorn said:

"I am up for ride to San Antonio, what time is dinner? BTW are you cooking the Austin or Athens Egggfest?"

1) You don't want to be a part of our mix.  You're too nice to fit in.  My wife spent hours trying to sort out what we are doing for Easter because her mom and our best friends can't get along... Just like in Salado, my son and I are going to just quietly focus on the grilling.

2) Unfortunately, I have work obligations the weekends of the Athens and Austin Eggfests.

Been there, done that with family and friends. The safest place to be is outside in front of the grill. usually much quieter and saner.

Albert Einstein
  • Foghorn
    Options

"The safest place to be is outside in front of the grill. usually much quieter and saner."

Plus, there is a pretty good chance that the beer will be by the grills. 

;)

San Antonio, TX

• Crispix49
    Crispix49 Posts: 191
    Options
    Pork tenderloin today - grilled raised direct at 375 until 150 IT - brined in a maple brine
    tomorrow doing a 13 lb turkey.  Soaking in brine right now.
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
  • egger ave
    Options
    I am getting hungry reading these posts. BTW the Baby Backs turned out great tonight.

Albert Einstein
  • EggRacer
    EggRacer Posts: 400
    Options
    Nekkid ham cooked today for three and a half hours at 350. Pulled it when it reached 145 internal. Very good!
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Options
    I cooked for my in laws who were in town and have never had any thing off a big green egg. I cooked some pork tenderloins with my own rub and threw in a pecan chunk for smoke. I must say it was killer. And I heard my sister in law say " oh my ghosh I am buying my husband a big green egg because this is he best pork tend. I've ever had in my life!" .
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • CajunEggHead
    Options
    It is a dirty shame here in Louisiana will be raining 80% they say, so my wife is dragging me to Piccadilly. Seems I could find something to put on the BGE

1 Large Big Green Egg
     1 Weber Kettle
     1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
     1 Long Horn Off Set
     1 Bradley Smoker
     1 Weber Silver Gasser
     1 Weber Smokey Joe Small
     1 Orange Thermapen
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    Cooking up my first Leg of Lamb.  @jfm0830 recommended that I try Mechoui of Lamb with Berber Spices.  It's a Steven Raichlen recipe.  Never attempted a Leg of Lamb before, so it should be a fun day.  :)