Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pet Peeve - Hum Drum Threads from Long Ago Should Stay in the Past, IMHO

Comments

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited March 2013
    To me this forum is not busy enough to worry about a few extra posts here and there. Make sure you hand out the "unofficial" rule guide to new members, so they don't ruffle feathers.

Just my opinion, could care less either way but this stuff should not be taken so seriously. Its the interwebs

Don't take my post the wrong way just putting out another point of view.
    Seattle, WA
  • SkinnyV said:

To me this forum is not busy enough to worry about a few extra posts here and there. Make sure you hand out the "unofficial" rule guide to new members, so they don't ruffle feathers.

Just my opinion, could care less either way but this stuff should not be taken so seriously. Its the interwebs

That tears it! I'm outta here!!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959

=))

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    bwahahahahaha
    edited March 2013
    <BLOCKQUOTE class=Quote>
    <DIV class=QuoteAuthor><A href="http://eggheadforum.com/profile/64925/hondabbq">hondabbq</A> said:</DIV>
    <DIV class=QuoteText>
    <P>So do you know how to clean a lobe of $200 KG Fois Gras? I do.</P>
    <P>Well Fred, please find it in your heart to try and fogive those of us who do make "everday meals" that you find uninteresting. I think alot of those questions or comments are made by new cooks like myself who come here looking for answers on how to properly, efficiently get the most out of our eggs.</P>
    <P>I am a chef by trade and I do Chefs tables for private functions on the side.  We are talking      8-10 course dinners for up to 12 ppl done in their house. What seems to me to be a simple dinner, alot of guests are amazed at the food and presentations. I hear "wow that came off of my stove?". My response is "it has nothing to do with the stove." To me, this is what is happening here. </P>
    <P>What you take for granted as an "everday cook" to someone else is an accomplishment. I can cook the pants off of many in my world but the egg is still new to me and I am learning.</P>
    <P> </P>
    <P> Man you guys get some big geese in Winterpeg</P></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE>Sorry, didn't have my glasses on. Thought you said "a 200Kg foix gras" nice as that would be<BR>

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404

SkinnyV said:

Right behind you, ill be back with a new name in a few months.
    Seattle, WA
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    To me this forum is not busy enough to worry about a few extra posts here and there. Make sure you hand out the "unofficial" rule guide to new members, so they don't ruffle feathers. Just my opinion, could care less either way but this stuff should not be taken so seriously. Its the interwebs Don't take my post the wrong way just putting out another point of view.

Fred,

Rule #27: When you threaten to quit the forum in an indignant rage you must spell outa with one T only. This is a long established precedent

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited March 2013
    Little Steven said: Fred,
    Rule #27: When you threaten to quit the forum in an indignant rage you must spell outa with one T only. This is a long established precedent

Well, that does it for me.  When a gnome from a 3rd world country that has probleums knowing how to spell tries to tell us
    real Americans how to spell, then I'm outta here too.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    You also have to stipulate something to the effect "...for real this time, I'm not kidding, and I ain't comin' back..."

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • I'M GONE!!!

Flint, Michigan
  • Little Steven
    The outa part was established by several Americans who routinely quit the old forum in all their holy wrath. It's a rule!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Z_Eggineer
    Z_Eggineer Posts: 576
    Where do you get this holy wrath?
  • Little Steven
    It's from an old Steve Goodman song

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501

Whew! I thought my favorite Flintoid was history.

Fred , your still going to do Owosso?

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• GK59 said:

No worries! Its all in fun. I'm thinking about menu items. I might try my hand at @Foghorn 's shrimp appetizer. TJ's pina colada sauce variation is intriging me.
    Flint, Michigan
  • chainsaw19
    chainsaw19 Posts: 257

No worries! Its all in fun. I'm thinking about menu items. I might try my hand at @Foghorn 's shrimp appetizer. TJ's pina colada sauce variation is intriging me.

Tried the shrimp last weekend, I along with some others who have tried it recently would suggest pre cooking the bacon a bit, or just go with thinner cut, the shrimp can get a little overdone if you wait for the thicker bacon to finish, but other than that wouldn't change a thing.
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
    500 Posts: 3,177
    At what point does this become a hum drum thread and not brought up again? 8-|
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    when Fred says so
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Little Steven
    edited March 2013
    <BLOCKQUOTE class=Quote>
    <DIV class=QuoteAuthor><A href="http://eggheadforum.com/profile/64201/henapple">henapple</A> said:</DIV>
    <DIV class=QuoteText>when Fred says so</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE>You can be a real @$$hole sometimes :x

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• henapple

henapple said:

when Fred says so
    You can be a real @$$hole sometimes :x

and....?
  • Little Steven
    Nuthin'. Didn't think you would be insulted

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• henapple
    did you mean to....? just having a little fun
  • Eggucated
    Eggucated Posts: 213
    This probably all started because I made a comment on a thread over a year old under the Lamb category. My reply was something "that looks awesome, I know what I'm making for Easter dinner now". Had I not posted that I would have never learned from Little Steven that olive wood is a great wood to smoke lamb with. Typically I don't resurrect old threads but since the lamb forums is pretty small and Easter is coming up I thought other people may be interested in a different recipie. This forum use to be fun, now it's just a bunch of guys insulting each other, pretty sad. I'll keep coming here I'll just ignore the crap.
    Thanks, Mike "Live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you, no one will believe it."
  • henapple said:
    when Fred says so
    ouch.  You wound me sir.  Heh, heh, heh!
    Flint, Michigan
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    edited March 2013
    I don't think I have posted on an old thread, but I may have. I have posted a lot of times "It looks good" etc, but I see a lot of others doing that as well. When someone posts pics of their food sometimes there really isn't a lot more that can be said. 

I find that a lot of times I have almost replied to a post that was very old. It is easy to not notice the date if you aren't paying attention to it. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Eggucated said:
    This probably all started because I made a comment on a thread over a year old under the Lamb category. My reply was something "that looks awesome, I know what I'm making for Easter dinner now". Had I not posted that I would have never learned from Little Steven that olive wood is a great wood to smoke lamb with. Typically I don't resurrect old threads but since the lamb forums is pretty small and Easter is coming up I thought other people may be interested in a different recipie. This forum use to be fun, now it's just a bunch of guys insulting each other, pretty sad. I'll keep coming here I'll just ignore the crap.

No sir.  You are not the source of my peeve.  And what if you are?  Does it matter?  I did not insult anybody in anything I posted.  I looked back and reread everything to make sure.  If someone took offense to what I posted, then with respect, that is their problem, not mine.  I'm mearly stating my preference for threads about current cooks unless the subject matter is out of the ordinary.  I think it keeps things fresh.  This is just my opinion.  YMMV.  If you want to dig up threads about two year old cheeseburgers, you are welcome to do so.  I can't stop you.  I'm not the moderator or the internet police.  Should you disagree with me, black helicopters will not buzz your house and the sun will still rise tomorrow. 

This shall be my last word on the subject.  For the last time, my apologies.    

Flint, Michigan
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551

If you need me to resurrect the post for the Pina Colada sauce let me know.
    beteez Posts: 548
    I think I will open 20 old posts & just respond @fred19flintstone