Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

egghead weightloss competition weigh in Monday

Comments

• cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    232 and holding. I'm in the same boat as Salty Sam. Training for a 10k and my weight loss has been a whopping 8lbs. I tend to eat without thinking after a 4 mile run. Oh well, I still feel better, so it is still worth it.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Should have joined in the fun. Down almost 10% (27 pounds) since January 1. You are all an inspiration.
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034

Sitting right at the 200lb mark

So instead of adding my usual 20/30lbs over winter

I was able to shed 11

This comp has been a great motivator

Thanks guys

Shane

500 Posts: 3,177
    211ish.  I suck at this.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    195.8!!

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    181 this week, good to see the gut going away, i can see the last 15 is going to be tough though
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JayHawkEye
    JayHawkEye Posts: 196
    167 this morning. And I've got a quarter of beef to pick up on Wednesday, so I'm ready for the final weigh in. Also, spring ball starts this week so I'm officially REALLY ready for the snow to leave...
    "Take yourself lightly, but what you do seriously." - M. Martin XL BGE - Johnston, IA
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    I should have entered this. Need motivation to workout. 55 hour work weeks and a 8 month old. Tough to find time to do it.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • fishlessman
    167 this morning. And I've got a quarter of beef to pick up on Wednesday, so I'm ready for the final weigh in. Also, spring ball starts this week so I'm officially REALLY ready for the snow to leave...
    unless theres a sleeper i think youve got us all beat
    fukahwee maine

• JayHawkEye
    I have no clue how many bike miles I've done at the gym (a ton!), but I know that in just January and March I'm over 150 miles on my treadmill. My brother in law is losing weight with me and he now weighs less than their neighbor's dog! He's kept me going with the swimming stuff, too.
    "Take yourself lightly, but what you do seriously." - M. Martin XL BGE - Johnston, IA
  • fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    @ chubbs. I am thinking of continuing the competition somehow. I need motivation to loose weight and with my 3rd kid now 8 weeks old, we are just now starting to get into a spot again where we can cook at home on a regular basis.

Anyone have thoughts for motivation/competition after this is done, don't want us going back to the old life and having to do this again next year.
  • fletcherfam
    @ griffin, you should send before and after pictures just for the heck of it.
  • fishlessman
    @ chubbs. I am thinking of continuing the competition somehow. I need motivation to loose weight and with my 3rd kid now 8 weeks old, we are just now starting to get into a spot again where we can cook at home on a regular basis.

Anyone have thoughts for motivation/competition after this is done, don't want us going back to the old life and having to do this again next year.
    if i remember right when you were organizing this , it was mentioned that a prize might be held back for 6 months to maintain the results, or maybe it was for whoever looked like they improved the most. dont remember which or maybe it was both ideas thrown out there. i would like to see the weekly weigh ins and talk continue, would definatly like to see more meals cooked, and now that whatever broke in my ribcage isnt hurting as much maybe i can start doing some kind of workout.
    fukahwee maine

• double
    double Posts: 1,214
    I would be game for the 6 month holdover prize. at 330 today a lb a week not what i had hoped for from this competition but as long as the numbers heading south im happy.
    Lynnwood WA
  • JayHawkEye
    I agree with @fishlessman and continuing the weigh-ins/updates/dialogue. I don't have much more I can lose (it's going to be mainly water weight this week), but I hope to continue getting stronger and transforming some muscles. I don't know how to judge a six month transformation deal, but I'm down for whatever.
  • JayHawkEye
    @fletcherfam Yeah, I just looked at some before pics today and was amazed at where I was at!
  • double
    I would say the winner gets to choose the prize though...

Lynnwood WA
  • fishlessman
    double said:
    I would say the winner gets to choose the prize though...

absolutely
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    definitely have to keep this going, i need to find a way to get my gut sized down to my waist size, somehow i got down to a 30 inch waiste
    :))
    fukahwee maine

• fletcherfam
    I agree, winner gets to pick the prize, makes the most sense.

I am liking this idea of meals/updates every Monday. It keeps me in check and reminds me to weigh myself.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    @ griffin, you should send before and after pictures just for the heck of it.

I guess I should have, but I don't think I have any before pictures. I'm just doing it for the fun of it and because I'm felling better. Here's the latest picture I have of me, but its kinda hard to tell.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034

Good job Jason

I had a little better week, Spring cleaning, painting, new flooring and more outside time

I am sitting at 198lbs

Again, this has been great and I would love to see it keep going

Summer is when my beer/food consumption, can get a little outta control  =))

Shane

• fletcherfam
    @double, you are in the seattle metro area right?
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Sorry for the late post. I finally broke the 230 barrier. 229.6 this morning.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • double
    @double, you are in the seattle metro area right?
    Yep North of Seattle
    Lynnwood WA
  • fletcherfam
    @double, what do you think about the idea of doing a 1/2 marathon in the area for motivation for late summer?
  • double

@double, what do you think about the idea of doing a 1/2 marathon in the area for motivation for late summer?

Are you insane :-) I rode my bike 220 miles last year I don't really do the running thing ;-) I would need to loose a lot more weight before running.

Lynnwood WA
  • fishlessman
    edited April 2013
    180 on weigh in day, missed my april fools goal by 5 pounds
    :)) 18.18 percent for the comp, down 55 pounds or 23.4 percent overall from the fall. shooting for 165 in the next month or so with some exercise. looking over my daily weighins and february was a bust for me, no explanation other than the big loss thru january maybe being half water
    fukahwee maine

• Still on the road today, but I will have my final weigh in tomorrow.  I know it won't be as impressive as 18%.  Great job!