Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Condo Grill

So we took a little Florida trip with the nieces for Spring Break.  The condo said the had grills available but never did I expect anything like this -

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    What a nice surprise. Did you use it? Like how they enclosed it to make it guest proof. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    That is solid! Great surprise!
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Now that's a great vacation!
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Score!!
    Large, small, and a mini
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Now there's a plan, we could start a Egghead vacation network and have BGEs placed in great vacation spots around the world! Keeping eggheads happy away from their own egg. 

Thanks for sharing! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    imagine how much kingford it has seen.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    That condo just saw it's open weeks book up for the rest of the year, thanks to this post.
  • Already used it for hamburgers on Sunday night. Also, grilled up a couple packs of hot dogs for the kids' lunches.  They prefer them to have some grilled flavor to them :)  We have taught them well.  Can't wait to hit one of the local markets and do some fish on there.

The place we are staying actually supplies the charcoal.  Just have to ask the guy at the front desk to load it up.  He said I was only the second or third person to use it.  They have another non-egg grill that gets the most use.  He was telling me that most people are too intimidated by the egg to use it.  So unless there's another egghead staying here, I'll have it all to myself :)
  • burr_baby33
    burr_baby33 Posts: 503
    Just like winning the lottery, well almost.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Wonder how many uses lighter fluid in it?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• I mentioned to the guy that works the evening/night shift about not using lighter fluid in it.  He had lots of questions and I tried to pass along the tricks to using it.  I do wonder how long it will be till someone slams the lid shut and cracks it or worse.
  • That's awesome! We just got home from a Florida vacation and I had to use a gasser. I could not wait to get home to proper cooking again.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • Mickey
    edited March 2013
    Last year took a Large to FL. This year taking the Mini (hell, only 6 of us). Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Where in Florida? I might need to add them to my list of places to go.
  • It was at the Indigo in Perdido Key just west of Pensacola.  Very cool place.
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002

It was at the Indigo in Perdido Key just west of Pensacola.  Very cool place.

That's home for me. I'm from gulf breeze but I used to hang out on the key all the time.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Mickey

Where in Florida? I might need to add them to my list of places to go.

Past 13 years to Seaside. Like the Fl of the 50's

• NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    I was just at the Perdido Sun last week and we had crappy grills, no kamado.  I should have walked next door!!!!!!

Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited April 2013
    ...and while there be sure to charter this boat for a fishing trip:

The charter fishing boat has a roomy interior with large seats, a shower/toilet and 8 bunks, and is equipped with: a 32" Flat Screen TV w/ DVD, Stereo/CD player, microwave, refrigerator, 2 air-conditioners, and a Big Green Egg grill.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    I fished on that boat one time. It was the first bge I ever saw. It's all their fault.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    I fished on that boat one time. It was the first bge I ever saw. It's all their fault.
    That's pretty cool- small world!  It looks like a really pretty area. I have been all over the panhandle but don't think I have seen this place yet.  It looks like Destin- only quieter! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Mickey
    Funny never seen an Egg on a flats boat. And I an not going fishing if out of the flats!

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    My first egg experience was on a charter fishing boat out of the Gulf of Mexico .

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .