Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Salado Brisket Número Dos.

Options
Ok- so I'm doing the Salado Brisket again tonight. Same exact brand, same soft floppy feel in the cryo, but it was 10.5 lbs before trimming (Salado brisket was like 12.5)

Fairly low yield with 2.5 lbs of hard fat trimmed off for an 8lb net when it went on the egg but it still looked and felt very good. It is an Excel Choice Packer

Rub was Bad Byron's again, no binder. The only thing I did different was play with the smoke ring a little. I put it in the freezer for an hour or so until internal was 33.8 and the egg temp was 194 and billowing oak smoke when I put it on. I'm keeping it at 225-250 to max the smoke ring. I've done this once before and it didn't make a difference. Just playing around to see if it works.

Anyhoo..... We'll let you know tomorrow pm what the verdict on all this is. It will probably rest 5-6 hours before I can get back to it tomorrow.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX

Comments