Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Central mkt fajita

Chili lime marinated ...:)

Comments

• I love that stuff. I don't buy the marinated but I love the cut of sirloin they use. They are genius to get people to pay $10 per lb for bottom sirloin but god bless em, it's good.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • RoundTowner
    RoundTowner Posts: 125
    My wife gets to shop there....never anything that sucks!
  • i go every week. Like a moth to a flame. 2 small bags, $100. every time. They are genius at taking your money
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Taste it from here( but its not that far away) 3:-O
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Yum. Drool. @Cen-Tex, we are too are the moths to the CM flame. The meat section gets lots of our $$$ too
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • RoundTowner
    It's probably better that I don't get to shop there .....
  • flemster
    flemster Posts: 269
    Central market = the Gucci E.B. of the HEB line. Always cost me a packet going in there. Thank god it was across town when we lived in San Antone Loved every minute of it though
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
  • hoofaloos
    hoofaloos Posts: 242
    Are those different from the regular HEB fajitas?  I live in alaska now but everytime I'm home, I fill an ice chest with HEB fajitas and elgin sausage to bring back 2-3 times a year.
    XLBGE- Napa, CA by way of ATX

• hoofaloos said:
    Are those different from the regular HEB fajitas?  I live in alaska now but everytime I'm home, I fill an ice chest with HEB fajitas and elgin sausage to bring back 2-3 times a year.
    They are different. They are not pre packaged (behind the meat counter) and they use a cut of sirloin that is a lot like tri tip but has more grain to it. I can't figure out what part of the loin it's from but it's really good. I'm sure it's the cheapest part and they are charging $9.99 per lb for it.

• hoofaloos
    hoofaloos Posts: 242
    I'll be down in June and will pick some up.  Thanks
    XLBGE- Napa, CA by way of ATX

• RoundTowner
    Had some in store made sausage tonight.....(central mkt..)and cut it up, simmered in spegettie sauce, angle hair pasta....:)
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    I love CM and they love my money. :(

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    I rarely ever go there.  You pay out the nose compared to anywhere else.  You can't do your normal grocery shopping there because they don't carry the normal items you need everyday.  For groceries, I go to HEB.  For meats, I usually go to Costco. For wine, Specs.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I rarely ever go there.  You pay out the nose compared to anywhere else.  You can't do your normal grocery shopping there because they don't carry the normal items you need everyday.  For groceries, I go to HEB.  For meats, I usually go to Costco. For wine, Specs.
    And for special "spices" and "meat glue", my dealer Cen-Tex...