Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Central mkt fajita

Chili lime marinated ...:)
image.jpg 917.9K
·

Comments

• I love that stuff. I don't buy the marinated but I love the cut of sirloin they use. They are genius to get people to pay $10 per lb for bottom sirloin but god bless em, it's good.

·
  • RoundTownerRoundTowner Posts: 125
    My wife gets to shop there....never anything that sucks!
    ·
  • i go every week. Like a moth to a flame. 2 small bags, $100. every time. They are genius at taking your money

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,271
    Taste it from here( but its not that far away) 3:-O
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,335
    Yum. Drool. @Cen-Tex, we are too are the moths to the CM flame. The meat section gets lots of our $$$ too
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
    It's probably better that I don't get to shop there .....
    ·
  • flemsterflemster Posts: 258
    Central market = the Gucci E.B. of the HEB line. Always cost me a packet going in there. Thank god it was across town when we lived in San Antone Loved every minute of it though
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
    ·
  • hoofalooshoofaloos Posts: 91
    Are those different from the regular HEB fajitas?  I live in alaska now but everytime I'm home, I fill an ice chest with HEB fajitas and elgin sausage to bring back 2-3 times a year.
    XLBGE- Anchorage, AK
    ·
  • hoofaloos said:
    Are those different from the regular HEB fajitas?  I live in alaska now but everytime I'm home, I fill an ice chest with HEB fajitas and elgin sausage to bring back 2-3 times a year.
    They are different. They are not pre packaged (behind the meat counter) and they use a cut of sirloin that is a lot like tri tip but has more grain to it. I can't figure out what part of the loin it's from but it's really good. I'm sure it's the cheapest part and they are charging $9.99 per lb for it.

·
  • hoofalooshoofaloos Posts: 91
    I'll be down in June and will pick some up.  Thanks
    XLBGE- Anchorage, AK
    ·
    Had some in store made sausage tonight.....(central mkt..)and cut it up, simmered in spegettie sauce, angle hair pasta....:)
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,785
    I love CM and they love my money. :(

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    I rarely ever go there.  You pay out the nose compared to anywhere else.  You can't do your normal grocery shopping there because they don't carry the normal items you need everyday.  For groceries, I go to HEB.  For meats, I usually go to Costco. For wine, Specs.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,177
    I rarely ever go there.  You pay out the nose compared to anywhere else.  You can't do your normal grocery shopping there because they don't carry the normal items you need everyday.  For groceries, I go to HEB.  For meats, I usually go to Costco. For wine, Specs.
    And for special "spices" and "meat glue", my dealer Cen-Tex...
    ·