Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

so far ot ...pet peeves.

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    Anytime my friend anytime. I got a good laugh out it.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025

There is nothing worse than One-upsmanship!!!

There's nothing worse than double upmanship!
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    edited March 2013
    Aviator said:

U_tarded said:

Aviator said:

Idiots who hit the troll button on others because they have nothing to contribute or have the intelligence understand whats going on.

You asked, here are my peeves.

:D
    Never trolled someone had to do it just to remind you of your pet peeve

Backatcha
    =))
    Glad you didn't get all bent outta shape sometimes you never know how others are going to react.
  • U_tarded
    My number one is I manage a retail furniture store and when someone walks in and you ask how they are doing? And you get the heisman (hand up in your direction) and a "I'm just looking!" I didn't ask what you were doing!
  • U_tarded said:
    My number one is I manage a retail furniture store and when someone walks in and you ask how they are doing? And you get the heisman (hand up in your direction) and a "I'm just looking!" I didn't ask what you were doing!
    Related to your "How are you doing?" peeve is the flip side.  Saying to (usually) an older person "How are you doing?" they tell you every little thing including some grisly medical details. 
    Flint, Michigan
  • U_tarded

U_tarded said:

Related to your "How are you doing?" peeve is the flip side.  Saying to (usually) an older person "How are you doing?" they tell you every little thing including some grisly medical details. 

Yes some things can be left out TMI
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Text lingo,
    People who treat their rat dogs like or better than a person.
    Snow bird drivers.
    Cops speeding.
    Skinny jeans.
    Trunk rattling bass from rap/hip hop.
    Pants worn below the butt.
    Dunedin, FL
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Costco milk containers and ikea shopping carts with 4 swivel casters... Stupid engineering
    Dunedin, FL
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Flat bill wearing kids with their ears tucked in their hats!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Fat nasty girls that have their thong pulled up high so everyone can see it!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    yzzi said:

Costco milk containers and ikea shopping carts with 4 swivel casters... Stupid engineering

I'll have to disagree on the Costco milk containers. They were able to fit 10% more per pallet so it cut shipping costs and lowered the price for members. When members complained that the lip of the carton would dribble, they had the manufacturer mold an extra piece into the lip that keeps this from happening.
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    I'll have to disagree on the Costco milk containers. They were able to fit 10% more per pallet so it cut shipping costs and lowered the price for members. When members complained that the lip of the carton would dribble, they had the manufacturer mold an extra piece into the lip that keeps this from happening.

And how did we get enlightened on such elaborate details of who scratched where and how much and how long ???

:))

Thought you was an RN.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• --Drivers that merge in front of you and don't use their blinkers to signal

--Feminists

XL BGE with adj rig & woo2

• Eggcelsior
    Aviator said:

yzzi said:

And how did we get enlightened on such elaborate details of who scratched where and how much and how long ???

:))

Thought you was an RN.

I am a RN. I worked at Costco for 5 years while in college and nursing school. Management kept us apprised of changes to explain to members as they came to the employees first with concerns. That little comment box by the exit? They're actually read and acted on. Anything else you'd like to know? I worked in major sales but was cross - trained in the bakery, deli, and photo center. :D
  • Markzzz
    Markzzz Posts: 35
    Patients that insult my intelligence on a daily basis.... "Don't give my mom too much anesthesia, she never takes any medication; not even ibuprofen." OR....."Make sure you give me enough pain medication, I have a low tolerance for pain." Geeze, thanks, I'm so glad you are here to tell me how to deliver your anesthetic....What exactly do you do for a living?
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Evidently the manufacturer's improvements have not made it to the west coast. Costco's gallon jugs are impossible to pour out of without dribbling like Cujo. We keep a Fred Meyer (Kroger) jug and empty the Costco milk into it. PITA to clean every time, but much better than "spilled milk". 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    When people start sentences with "What I like to call" like they invented whatever they are talking about and its a common term. Costco on the weekends is a close 2nd.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Freaking Canadians

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    People shopping at Wegmans and walking along pushing their carts like they've never seen food inside a building before...

Back when I was buying lunch meat at the deli... People who asked for an 1/8, 1/4, or 3/4 of a pound of anything. Keep it easy you dopes, either 1/2 or whole pounds...

People who pump gas during peak times and then leave their cars at the pump and go and order food / shop before coming out, instead of moving to an actual parking spot and then shopping.

Most of the driving ones already mentioned...

Like @Kosko kids that don't wear a hat properly. Either forward or backward, and the brim has to have some curve. The kids wearing them unbent and at stupid angles make me want to walk up and put my fist ear deep in their face... looks like a fu%king soup pot on their head.

Kids with the Justin Beiber hair cuts...

I could go on for a while...

Got to pack the truck and get on the road.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    I think my 2-yr old screaming bloody murder for no good reason at 8:30 on a Saturday morning has got to be right up there.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    People who cook cat food at Eggfests.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Eggcelsior

I think my 2-yr old screaming bloody murder for no good reason at 8:30 on a Saturday morning has got to be right up there.

7-730 for my 13-month old.

I love kids (:|
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    Also, people who bring smelly food onto airplanes.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Nearly 10 am and the Grands are still sleeping. We wore them out yesterday. My latest pet peeve is when Grandparents have the responsibility of children and you can't reach the parents on their cell phone.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Eggcelsior
    Nothing like free babysitting!
  • Sagging pants.  There is nothing more stupid than that IMHO.  I've even had to tell a young guy during church service to pull up his pants because he was mooning the congregation!  This fashion statement got it's origin from prison.  Nice look dumba$$!
    Flint, Michigan
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    slow folks where

- a group of family or friends who walk side-by-side taking up the whole aisle, offering no way to get around;
    - folks who congregate and wait right at the exit or entrance, blocking mass traffic;
    - person in the HOV lane who is going slower than the non HOV lanes;
    - a sports caster who spends 2 minutes explaining is question before actually asking an athlete the question;
    - people who don't come when you tell them dinner is ready....ready and getting cold;
    - when I need to run a quick trip and get back fast but the gas tank is on empty;
    - swiping groceries four or five times at the self checkout because you can't get the stupid machine to read the bar code and beep;
    - when I'm at home depot or lowes buying something for less than 10 bucks and the cashier asks for a PO#.
    - standing behind someone ordering fast food but who has no clue what they want, so they stand there dumbfounded staring at the menu.
    - sitting in a 3+ hour movie, seeing the same car chase, shoot 'em up, or such over and over, ok I get it after the second repeat scene;
    - waiting in the truck for my wife to exit the house so we can go somewhere.....don't get me started on this one.......;

surprising, my blood pressure is fine......

t

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    damn....were a bunch of grumpy guys.

another one is watching a young girl pumping gas while her douche bag boyfriend sits in the car.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    People texting/using mobile devices while driving. People who stand in front if the door at a subway stop. Men wearing hats indoors.
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.