Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

lump score

henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
30 bags...300 lbs of glorious Ozark Oak. $150
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Sweet deal!  Did you get it online/shipped or did you pick up somewhere? 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    $0.50/lb good buy, combine that with some $0.99/lb pork butt for a $1,000,000.00 meal!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • henapple
    Got traveling through LR AK..Harp's
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    @henapple-good that they were able to restock after your clean-out enroute Salado-that's an eggcellent deal.  Runs the good 'ol  $1/# here in the land of Kentucky Jelly.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • henapple
    I asked them to order 30 more..had it waiting by the front four and loaded too.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    henapple said:
    Oh my. I wish I could get it shipped to me for less than the same cost as the lump itself.
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    henapple said:
    Oh my. I wish I could get it shipped to me for less than the same cost as the lump itself.
    Ha i love that.  Make a 200$ shopping cart and then calculate shipping, oh look its 175$... makes a lot of sense!

XLBGE 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Bingo. Seeing that is worse than premature ..... nevermind

:((
  • CSRAEgger
    CSRAEgger Posts: 18
    Pet peeve of mine.  Sorry in advance if offended.

AR= Arkansas
    AZ=Arizona
    AK=Alaska

Arkansas was a state first.
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Haha I don't think the word "premature" every starts a good sentence.

XLBGE 
  • CSRAEgger said:
    Pet peeve of mine.  Sorry in advance if offended.

AR= Arkansas
    AZ=Arizona
    AK=Alaska

Arkansas was a state first.
    We try to keep things fun and civil here. Best to keep your pet peeves to yourself. Especially knit-picky things that could easily have been a typo. We are glad to have you though and look forward to non pet peeve related posts :)

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • CSRAEgger
    CSRAEgger Posts: 18
    Wow.  Ok.

This will be final post then.

Good luck everyone.
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    CSRAEgger said:

Wow.  Ok.

This will be final post then.

Good luck everyone.

Oh gezzzz. Here we go agian.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• we would love to have you here. Just setting some boundaries. We don't treat each other that way on here. Hope you will hang around and have fun with us- seriously. It's a great place and if we leave the little stuff that bothers us (we all have pet peeves) it's a much more fun place to be.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    edited March 2013
    What if it wasn't a typo? @henapple was likely trying to clean out AR * AND* AK !!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • henapple
    I did mean Alaska. I also drove through TS, OA, NA, IS, WH and MU. Sure i spent $1800 on fuel but the lump was cheap. =))
  • henapple
    My pet peeve? The term pet peeve. What the hell is a peeve? Is it a pet? Do you feed, bathe and take it to the veterinarian? Do you take it hunting or walks or to the lake? I was in no way offended. I'm only offended when @nolaegghead half a coke zero on my foot.
  • chrisnjenn
    chrisnjenn Posts: 534
    @CSRA As you know now, there are major cliques on this board. Attack the outsider making a valid correction. Centex, the forums police, attacks or lets be PC, suggests you don't let your pet peeves known, but says nothing when the clique took shots at you. Newbies see that and are reluctant to post. That is why it is the same dozen or so who only post.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    What the $@#+. Are you telling me I just spent 3 days with an il-lit-er-ate from Tenisee :-t
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    edited March 2013
    nm
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    chrisnjennCSRA    the last thing we need is anyone leaving the forum. If you will check the majority of people leaving was not from what your post is stating. And a smiley face is nice when you don't intend to be particularly rude :)
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited March 2013
    @CSRA As you know now, there are major cliques on this board. Attack the outsider making a valid correction. Centex, the forums police, attacks or lets be PC, suggests you don't let your pet peeves known, but says nothing when the clique took shots at you. Newbies see that and are reluctant to post. That is why it is the same dozen or so who only post.
    I guess I'll just say this: If you think it's OK for a guy to try to ridicule someone he does not even know in public for a simple typo, then take it a step further to let him know which was a state first but it's not OK to kindly tell him that was rude, you live on a different planet than me. 

When you apologize IN ADVANCE for something you are going to say, you know it's rude. He wants to Mr. Know-It-All everyone but I KINDLY ask him to stop he (and you) cry like you are some kind of victim. He's a big boy. If he can ridicule someone for a typo, he can certainly take someone telling him it was rude. If he can't, he should either stop doing it or the internet thing might not be the best place for him to hang out. I can't be any nicer than I was and I think he's damn lucky I got there first.

As far a cliques go- there are. I know Tony (henapple). I watched Tony load and unload 20 Large BGE's for Mickey last week at Salado Eggfest. I watched Tony haul down a pallet of Ozark Oak to give away and share with people he had never met. I saw him cooking and helping from sunup to sundown for 3 days straight. I know he lives out of his truck for long periods of time and uses his phone for most of his posts so there easily could have been a typo....and if it wasn't, who gives a ****? I know tony would give anyone on this forum (or anywhere else) the shirt off his back. So forgive me but I'll be on the side of the good guys on this one and you can defend the guy who tried to humiliate one of the best guys on this forum on his 17th post.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    To bring some levity back to the discussion...

Am I the only one wondering why Cen-Tex just "watched" henapple break his back for 3 days straight? :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking said:
    To bring some levity back to the discussion...

Am I the only one wondering why Cen-Tex just "watched" henapple break his back for 3 days straight? :)
    Ha! So true. I was to busy drinking beer watching Mickey tell him where to put all the eggs. hard work. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited March 2013
    nm
  • dang it- my own pet peeve. I was too busy drinking beer (not to busy). It's ok if you call yourself out right?
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688

That's why Tony was so hungry and ate all of you brisket

=))

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• RAC said:

That's why Tony was so hungry and ate all of you brisket

=))
    Dude put in some mad work. Mickey will be sad if Tony can't make it back down next year.