Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

So far off topic

Options
So the wife gave the ok for surgery for no more children so I called them. Well wife and I had a date planned to go shopping at Target for some clothes, so I call the place and ask if I can walk around tomorrow night. They say I physically will be able but will regret it the next day. So I ask if I can be pushed around in a wheelchair by my wife, yep that is fine. So it's a wheelchair date tomorrow night!

Comments

• berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options
    Take this opportunity and ride the wheels off of it! She should push you for ice cream, the zoo etc.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Options
    I had a vasectomy 2 years ago and it wasn't bad. I did follow the doctors orders and I will tell you to stay off your feet!! The next day ice is your best friend!! Best friend!!!!! I layed in bed for the whole next day and the 3 rd day seemed to be the worst for me! Good luck and take your meds!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Options

Ice will help.  You will be much happier to get a few movies and spend the next day with an ice pack.  The less you move the faster you will feel better the 3rd day.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    My wife has 2 coworkers that took a full week off of work for this. She expects me to back to work the same day. I guess she wants to test my testicular fortitude.
  • fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    Options
    @eggcelsior, ha ha ha. Now my coworkers are wondering what I thought was so funny.

Yea I will enjoy her pushing me around for a bit. Take some pictures of it, have a good time. And have a blanket on my lap where underneath I am hiding an ice pack on the beans.
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options
    My wife just scheduled me a consultation after our 3rd girl we just had. Im not looking forward to it. However,  am trying to hold off on this till the weather is nicer, so i can play the hurt card, sit back and relax out side, and do some egging.....
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • fletcherfam
    Options
    I have heard a lot of guys are not looking forward to it. I am the opposite. If my wife even thinks of having a baby she is pregnant that quick. We have 2 girls and a boy so we are ready to be done.
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Options
    @eggcelsior, ha ha ha. Now my coworkers are wondering what I thought was so funny.

Yea I will enjoy her pushing me around for a bit. Take some pictures of it, have a good time. And have a blanket on my lap where underneath I am hiding an ice pack on the beans.
    Should be interesting if the anti theft machine goes off when you are leaving target.  They will ask whether you stole the ice pack.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    We tell each other it's so bad it really isn't. It's hilarious when you walk out through the waiting room screaming though

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options

We tell each other it's so bad it really isn't. It's hilarious when you walk out through the waiting room screaming though

I don't know what is better. The screaming or the looks of terror it causes.
  • RLeeper
    RLeeper Posts: 480
    Options
    I had one in January. I couldn't imagine sitting in a wc. I stayed in bed and iced iced iced...sitting was uncomfortable for me but everyone has different experiences. Good luck!
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    32 years ago, I made the 1/2 hour office call to the urologist, pretty simple event. For me it was easy and painless, I did take advantage of being waited on, SWMBO kept the beer cold and one in the cooler within easy reach. After the weekend it was business as usual. 
    She did buy me the coolest T-Shirt, had a picture of two "oranges" on it with FUN-KIST stamped on them, the caption underneath was "All juice, no seed"
    Good luck. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Que_n_Brew
    Que_n_Brew Posts: 578
    Options
    Kosko said:
    I had a vasectomy 2 years ago and it wasn't bad. I did follow the doctors orders and I will tell you to stay off your feet!! The next day ice is your best friend!! Best friend!!!!! I layed in bed for the whole next day and the 3 rd day seemed to be the worst for me! Good luck and take your meds!

Same here...3rd day was the worst. Enjoy the time laying low in the rack. Just don't watch Duck Dynasty. I watched the episode where Si eats a coon turd thinking it was a muscadine berry right after I got home. I almost popped my stitch. =))
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
  • Drbeach_BBQ
    Options
    Wow I must have been lucky. I went to a College Basketball game the next day and to church on the second day. Went to work on the third day. Never used ice or pain meds.
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Options
    Our circle of friends are also starting this. My insurance wants $2500 for the procedure! Dr Snip $999 that's a lot of egg money!
    Lynnwood WA
  • Browninggold
    Options
    I had that done on a Friday evening..hobbled around Saturday Sunday wasn't bad and worked Monday. Cement mixer driver. I had a 70# chute on my shoulder putting back on the mixers rack and I stepped in a small hole. Made my eyes water. Overall not bad at all
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    One of my bigger regrets in life was not playing it up and at least taking the weekend off. I played golf the next day...thank God for pain meds and liquor. It was the best $10 I ever spent!
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    MJG said:
    One of my bigger regrets in life was not playing it up and at least taking the weekend off. I played golf the next day...thank God for pain meds and liquor. It was the best $10 I ever spent!
    Any relation to 8ball? Would you prefer I stop playing games?
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    I maybe weird but I'm 27, married, my kid is 3 1/2. I'm in love with my life. I'm fortunate, blessed (don't believe but best word), and overjoyed with every facet. Even my obstacles aren't hard. I'm not bragging, bc I know I didn't earn everything I have and I know how good I have it. But I want it done now. Like this week. I don't want another kid. Ever. Love the idea of knowing could never get her pregnant again.
    Boom
  • fletcherfam
    Options
    @ Little Steven, ha ha ha ha!!! Yea 3 kids not going to take it easy much @double, I am going to dr snip
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Options
    I've heard Dr Snip is back at work next day.
    Lynnwood WA
  • fletcherfam
    Options
    @ Double, That is what his website and his staff tell you. There is another guy on here that went to him, that is how I heard about him. I can let you know if it is true or not (by work they mean light duty work, no squatting or lifting over 40lbs)
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Options
    My fav. Thing about my vas. Was the doc prescribed me 2 Valium to take right before the surgery. I took them on he way to urologist and while I was driving the Valium hit me and I was WASTED! My wife got scared and told me to pull over for her to drive. They could've cut them off for all I cared!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • fletcherfam
    Options
    The deed is done. I am officially neutered. @double, dr snip is the way to go, super nice guy and I didn't feel hardly a thing. No narcotics needed.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,336
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Been there -got the T-shirt and as mentioned above ice is your best friend-duration self-controlled.  But care-free "swimming without a raincoat" or other prior adaptations is waaaay worth it ;))
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.