Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Road trip to Salado from NOLA!

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    I havent eaten in Salado. I suggest going to Shepofs in Belton. 10 min drive at most. Its a bbq joint and damn good.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    I suggest going to @Mickey's .

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I would but he's got family in and he said there's no way in hell you're coming over.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    henapple said:
    Henapple...party of one.

Make sure they don't name the movies eh?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Well folks, we just pulled in to San Antonio.  Car is covered with dead bugs so SWMBO's #1 priority is run through the car wash.   Then to mom's house where my brother ensures me there's a healthy supply of bourbon. 

We'll be rolling into Salado around 3PM on Friday
    :ar!

henapple said:

Henapple...party of one.
    Make sure they don't name the movies eh?

He's going all "Mr Bill" on himself tonight.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited March 2013
    Thanks henapple for bringing the Ozark Oak across State lines. I think henapple has a dealer behind a 7-11 somewhere in Arkansas. What good prices, has to be hot. And thanks Tony for the help moving the Eggs. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    edited March 2013
    This is a first for the Salado EggFest. Spring Chicken got an email for where to park a chopper. No not a Vespa like VI has but the kind that flies at 10,000 feet. So Mr Chicken hands it off to me. Some neighbors just down the street from me used to get one landing from Houston ever so often next to them but a house has been built on the cul-de-sac. I know the people's dog but never met them. Seemed like a good time for that. Invited them to the EggFest and ask to borrow their cul-de-sac for Saturday morning. Landing at 9:30 Sat morning to enjoy the Fest. Plus we will get a few overhead pictures.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• I feel the need to clear the air... @cparktx: you think I'd let NOLA drive MY Bimmer? Silly man. @mrcookingnurse: NOLA wants you to THINK he bought me the Bimmer. I'm also a nurse, and bought my first AND second Bimmer with my own hard earned money. Not that I don't deserve to be spoiled by having a man buy me luxury automobiles...I like the way you think.
  • bccomstock
    bccomstock Posts: 338
    Thanks @bccomstock

I'm still bummed about Jermon Bushrod. 

We're 181 miles outside of San Antonio - still in this lousy Houston traffic.

I thought I saw VI on his Vespa, but it turned out to be a kid on a banana seat bike.
    Yeah, a little bummed about Bushrod myself.. He was a guy we developed.  But in Loomis I trust.. Brees probably made him look better as it is.
    LBGE
    MS Gulf Coast - Proud member of the Who Dat Nation!
    My Not Frequently Updated Basically Dead Blog: http://datcue.wordpress.com
  • nolaegghead
    @bccomstock I hope you're right man.  I'm just gettin' a little nervous.  I know we won the championship game and this is the same management, but they've been out of the loop for a year. 

• nolaegghead
    We had one of the most prolific offenses in the NFL, and a defense that was ranked dead last.  If we had just an average defense, we would kill.   Falcons schmalcons. 
  • I thought you would have been boozed out by now. Figured my spitballin would ruffle Who Dat Nation. Have a great time this weekend! I'm doing a demo cook with my dealer. First time not cooking for family & friends. Kinda stoked!
    Flint, Michigan
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Seahawks are coming for all of you this year!
    Lynnwood WA
  • Mickey
    edited March 2013
    Nola and FleurdeLirious the speed limit is 85 on half that loop and 80 on the second half (starting at the airport) but the walking speed of those BIG WILD PIGS are not. Keep your eyes open my new friends. BMWs and big pigs do not interact. Nor are they especially taste on the Egg unless made into sausage.

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    I hear Nola is pretty good at making sausage.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• @Mickey Don't say such things to NOLA! He'll have me aiming for those damn pigs, and I'm up to my ears in sausage already. It's his newest addiction.
  • nolaegghead
    Hmmm....will there be any XXL Eggs at the fest?  I'll have FleurdeLirious aim for the the smaller ones....  Cochon de Lait!
    Mickey said the regional rep said there were none out here yet.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Boy am I jealous. I move 1600 miles to Tx to go to an Eggfest, and it's a weekend I'm booked for other things!!!! 
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • nolaegghead
    We're running a little late....passing through Sequin to get on Highway 130.  

Car is so packed, the case of booze I bought is squashed under my legs in the shotgun seat.
    I just put a dent it in.
    Rats! If only I did not have to work this weekend. :(

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• If y'all demo/sell a small egg I might be interested.

Looks like a beautiful day in the Hill Country. SXSW weather is hit and miss.

I'm surprised that creek is running though.
    Gittin' there...
  • nolaegghead
    Mickey, we picked up some bugs on Highway 130.  SWMBO is wondering if we can't just pull into the Salado creek and sponge these mothah flippers off.  Let us know, thanks much.
    We're HERE!!!