Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where Are My Wokking Friends?

Options
Since VI went on vacation and took some of his wokking group with him, I got lonely so decided to do a cook.
Was in a mood for a wokked meal so here is some chicken Pad Thai. As some of you know I prefer to cook with the wok on my Thai Tao, but this meal works just as well on the BGE.

Some Mess En Place:

Some more mess place:

Got my Tao lava hot:

Started with some eggs, cilantro and garlic chives:

Next did the chicken and some onions. Sorry for the bad pic but the steam hit the lens:

The added the noodles and stirred around to heat, they had been soaking in boiled water for 2 hours.

After stirring around for a few minutes everything was back into the pot and served with scallions, chopped peanuts and some fresh bean sprouts on top.

This keeps my wok desires happy until the next time.
Thanks for looking and come on down.

Richard Melbooooring Fl.

Comments

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Nice!
    Seattle, WA
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,055
    Options
    That's one good looking wok'ed meal!  :)
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Looks good Richard! Since you influenced me into buying a Thai cooker (not like you had to twist my arm ;) ) I haven't wokked on an Egg and I'd feel a bit odd posting non-Egg cooks here. Perhaps I should get over it & post.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    VI took me to the dark side and gave me all his wok tips. I didn't listen like I should have and I did my first wok cook with the spider legs up (so the wok was essentially down on the lump ......cracked my brand new warranty replacement fire ring AND box. Legs down kids......legs down (food was awesome though- Thanks Gary)
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX