Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help. Vegetarians commin over!

Options
2»

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    How do you tell a vegan at a party? Don't worry, they'll let you know. 
    That is funny...and so true! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    Options
    Asparagus, zucchini wedges, brussel sprouts (cut in half) and carrots all grill up nicely - especially if you marinate +/- drizzle them with some salad dressing. Italian and Asian toasted sesame both work very well.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    "Soggy" means "Flavor" --  but it wasn't too soggy to eat!
    That looks great Charlie!  I am typically a carnivore but I would be all over that. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    We need to hear from the Great @Doceggeron He's a vege machine.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    "Soggy" means "Flavor" --  but it wasn't too soggy to eat!
    That looks great Charlie!  I am typically a carnivore but I would be all over that. 

I couldn't tell the difference between 80/20 ground chuck and this mushroom!!

Now, i tripped over something on my last cook ---  WARNING - GASSER RELATED

I was grilling some corn on the cobb, and wanted to do some grilled veggies so i didn't have room on my egg.  So i cranked up the gasser yo high.  As i had cut brussel spouts in hald, along with some sliced fresh mushrooms and baby asparagus and reached for some Italian salad dressing -- there was none!!  Next thing i came across was Vinigarette, so i tossed the veggies with it and it really came out good..

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options

Well thanks guys and Gals for all the input. I went ahead and made the meal, will post it in a separate thread.

Not a bad idea to keep veggie recipes going.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    some veggies eat fish, ask them, then atleast you can do scallops shrimp, tuna steaks etc if they do. lack of protein screws with their brains, some wont even eat honey cause the bees were enslaved
    :)) you could also cook them a big tofu steak right next to your ribeye
    :D
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    edited March 2013
    Options
    @charlie_tuna: doesn't look soggy to me! I'm going to have to do these next week. 

And vegan is tough. Had to cook for a celiac vegan once, and I fretted for a week. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • damnedhooligan
    Options
    I came into this thread too late :( For future reference I'd grill asparagus brushed with some EVOO and salt/pepper  :> make these vegetarians and vegans pay for your troubles ~X( They will love the natural charcoal taste the asparagus absorbs during the cook but will pay for it later when use the restroom to pee :-&

XL BGE with adj rig & woo2

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    Options

"pay for it"?

I see that fragrance as part of the reward of having eaten a good dish.  More foods should be like that.

:)

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Foghorn said:

"pay for it"?

I see that fragrance as part of the reward of having eaten a good dish.  More foods should be like that.

:)
    Or for hitting a skunk. With that scent in the air, spring is coming!
  • Aviator
    Options

Yep, asparagus made any way you choose or even hide in a dish will give itself away when ya pee. Or beets when you aaahhh!

That is not necessarily a bad thing.

Chattanooga, TN.

• SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Options
    My daughter has gone veggie so we try to do veggie at least twice a week. The eggplant and the portabella burgers look great. I would remove the gills from the caps MHO. We do some great black bean burgers. I'll post a cook later. Good job on the Cook I'm sure your friends appreciated your effort!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Aviator
    Options
    Ty Dawg. They did. It was late and we were all hungry and the Egg brought it home rather nicely.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Aviator
    edited March 2013
    Options

I consider myself as a compulsive meat-eater and my interest is never piqued when it comes to veggie food. Leftovers? Veggie? Are you "talkin to ME?"

Guess what I am fixin to enjoy for dinner tonight?

Chattanooga, TN.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    My better 3rd (by weight) went vegan a couple weeks ago. If they are vegetarian not so bad if they are vegan buy salad.
  • Bham_egger
    Bham_egger Posts: 196
    Options

ABTs, sans bacon, but use naga jolokia peppers.  I hear vegetarians luv them peppers....  ;)

Hahahahaha! Yesssssss!

=))