Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Breaking in the BGE in the Caribbean

The wife and I just got back from visiting our friends in the tropics.  We have gone down there a few times now and were excited upon arriving this trip to see a new BGE on the back porch of the condo.  Not a bad way to break it in!  We did the lobster two ways.. butterfly and steakhouse style both under direct heat.  I don't think you can go wrong either way.  

I will say most people will cook the lobster meat side up when grilling.  A good way to try is to cook with the meat side down for the first 1-2 minutes then flip and finish with the meat side up.  This does not dry lobster out but instead helps sear and cook faster.  I cover the tail lightly in olive oil before placing on the grill, once I flip to meat side up I add a cube of butter on top to finish.
2.jpg 89.6K
3.jpg 73.2K
4.jpg 61.9K
1.jpg 69.8K

Comments