Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: You Know You're An Egghead When...

Comments

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Your friends call to make reservations to have dinner at your house and they offer to bring all the uncooked food a day in advance.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I hope he knows a good estate lawyer
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168

@CeramicChef-the simple solution-just buy BGE's so that each kid can get one when you check-out.  You can try this reasoning on SWMBO (it may work??).

Some great lines in this thread-very creative.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • When your coworkers ask you why you smell like bbq at 8am
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    You know you're an egghead when....your wife padlocks the lower vent closed and buys a bottle of K-Y Yours and Mine....
    We are still talking about the egg?????????????
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Mickey, do I have to explain everything?!
    =))

(And all those years I used an aftershave trying to impress my girls)
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • RLeeper
    RLeeper Posts: 480
    edited February 2013
    When you try to convince friends and family....and total strangers that they NEED an Egg
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    When you no longer refer to it as cooking or grilling. Example... I think I'll go "egg" some ribeye's for supper.... I'm egging ribeye's and ABT's right now.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025

You know you're an egghead when....your wife padlocks the lower vent closed and buys a bottle of K-Y Yours and Mine....

At least pull the egg in the bdr so you can look at it...it's arousing....or buy her green lingerie with a daisy wheel black hat...oh, and a smoke machine.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    henapple said:
    At least pull the egg in the bdr so you can look at it...it's arousing....or buy her green lingerie with a daisy wheel black hat...oh, and a smoke machine.
    We have a mirror ball that looks xactly like an egg....

When you plan your weekends around what's going to be on the smoker.  And weeknights.  Heck, most of my life is revolving around the dang egg.  I find myself polishing and shining up each green dimple on the dome, even when it's not in use.........

My name is Dyal....  I am an Eggoholic. :-S

• When your neighbor calls at 6AM in a panic to tell you there is smoke coming from your deck and you just say YEP!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727

Even when the eggs aren't cooking, you are still having a drink on the deck sitting with them as if they are one of the boys. (do it all the time, and yes, I talk to them as well.)
    When you check the forum one last time before going to bed and hit the OT button by mistake coz SWMBO is giving you that look "you're on the egg forum AGAIN??"

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Eggcelsior
    Botch said:
    You know you're an Egghead when:

You catch yourself "burping" your gasser.
    And the hood of your truck.
    And your waffle iron.  

:D
    Don't forget the toilet seat.
    500 Posts: 3,177
    ...you get busted by your boss for checking the forum during work hours.  Just happened to me.  I'm out for awhile.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • Eggcelsior
    500 said:
    ...you get busted by your boss for checking the forum during work hours.  Just happened to me.  I'm out for awhile.
    Bring him some Egged food tomorrow. Like candy from a baby!

Sorry to hear that, though.
  • When you ask your 9 year old what she wants her mother to make her for her birthday dinner, and she says "can you make me Juicy Lucy's dad"?  (true story, happened last night)

Talk about bringing a tear to your eye!

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    ... when your spouse chases you around the house because you smell like a baby back rib.  :x
    Are you wearing sauce? :@)

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Solson005 said:
    You buy a small to take camping, over to friends houses, and when you have to be away from your large.. 

Then you buy a eggCARTen to make it even easier to transport around. 
    I know where you are coming from.  :x ;)
    Large, small, and a mini
  • You know your an Egg Head when your triying to figure out how to pull an egg behind the golf cart! Ribs wold be great on the back nine!!!!

Rockwall Texas, just east of Dallas where the humidity and heat meet! Life is too short to get caught in the fast lane behind somebody slow!

XL, LG, Sm, Mini and Weber for drink holder

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    You know you're an Egg Head when you spend as much time taking and posting pictures of your cooks as you did actually cooking.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    When you make cornball threads on a forum lol
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929

When you start threads about getting a BGE tattoo...

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/961025/kinda-ot-tattoos

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • TonyA
    TonyA Posts: 583
    When you don't shudder at the notion of having to shovel a 75 foot path through 2 feet of snow this weekend so  you can cook.