Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stone/Cedar Table

Finally got around to building a proper home for my 16 year old egg. my first iteration was a Trex/ cca trated table that served the purpose, but lacked a lot of features and storage. This table will definitely outlast me. It is truly constructed like the proverbial brick ***house. Limestone top, cedar sides w/ treated frame. All fasteners are either galvanized or coated deck screws, with waterproof adhesives used all over. Trex under the egg. The drawer and cabinet are coated in some leftover truck bed liner I had in the shop, so it will be very resistant to damage, water, etc. Not to mention wind resistant as it weighs roughly 550 lbs. I can never seem to build anything small.
 Also have the 2 tier swing out rack from CG on the way. Looking forward to doing an overnight boston butt this weekend. (Elder Ward style).
Thanks for looking.

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Very nice.How are you treating the limestone?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Smolder
    Smolder Posts: 104
    Used a "breathable" stone/concrete sealer. As per the instructions of the guy I got the stone from.
  • Smolder
    By the way, I will be trimming the lower frame with cedar to cover fastener holes. The stone top was finished sooner than expected, and I didn't want to move it twice.
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Very Nice - Want to build me one?

Garnerville, NY
  • Very nicely done! Congrats on a job well done!
  • Smolder
    robnybbq said:
    Sure. Built it during the playoff weekends. Nothing better than cold days in a warm shop with football on the T.V. Might be a tad expensive to ship
    :D
  • Beautiful. As a guy who grew up in Kingston Ontario, The Limestone City, I really like the look of limestone. Hope the sealer works well for you, it can be quite porous. Great job on a beautiful brick ****house!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Great job...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Smolder said:
    robnybbq said:
    Sure. Built it during the playoff weekends. Nothing better than cold days in a warm shop with football on the T.V. Might be a tad expensive to ship
    yeah.  I may try and build a cart this weekend  it will probably cost more than having one built after I buy saws, tools, wood, stone top.  I have no idea on what I am doing so after I buy all this stuff and attempt to build a cart I will have no cart and more tools that I dont use.

Garnerville, NY
  • Smolder
    robnybbq said:
    Smolder said:
    robnybbq said:
    yeah.  I may try and build a cart this weekend  it will probably cost more than having one built after I buy saws, tools, wood, stone top.  I have no idea on what I am doing so after I buy all this stuff and attempt to build a cart I will have no cart and more tools that I dont use.
    Learning by doing. No better way. I had two years of HS woodshop. When my wife and first got married, I bought a table saw and a router, built our first bedroom set. That was 20 yrs ago. Now I have a full blown woodshop and enjoy every second I get to spend in it.
  • Smolder
    Beautiful. As a guy who grew up in Kingston Ontario, The Limestone City, I really like the look of limestone. Hope the sealer works well for you, it can be quite porous. Great job on a beautiful brick ****house!
    Yeah, you're right about it being porous. It soaked up the sealer like a sponge. Will definitely use a tile trivet for resting b-b-que tools on. Thanks for the compliments.
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Looks like a great table, I love the Limestone top! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK.