Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Goodbye folks

Comments

• IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    He has over 5K posts - he will need to fill approximately 23 hours of his day if he actually leaves.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    One thing I have noticed about this forum is a complete lack of moderation :).  This is a good thing in that we can speak freely...but a bad thing because when forum issues arise there is nobody around to take care of them. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited January 2013
    Oh, there's moderation.  Not very frequently, but I've seen entire threads vaporize courtesy the moderator.  The infamous Stike vs RubMyRock thread disappeared and their accounts were frozen a while back (November I think).
    I was on a leave of absence at the time and missed that particular excitement ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• IrishDevl
    Over/under on when VI comes back?
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    edited January 2013

Oh, there's moderation.  Not very frequently, but I've seen entire threads vaporize courtesy the moderator.  The infamous Stike vs RubMyRock thread disappeared and their accounts were frozen a while back (November I think).

I've had a thread blasted away.

XLBGE 
  • It's the 3rd.

lol....then I guess all the posts in this thread are giving him the attention he is seeking.
  • gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    Give him a week or two, he has these fits were he takes offence of someone or something and then there is a little stroking of his ego, such as is happening here, and he comes back.

Gerhard
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Man, ya can tell it's winter...it gets a little edgy about this time, every year........

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Yeah, glad I live in a sunny place and not somewhere I get SADD.  I guess I don't really understand egos.  But anyways, lets keep egging and egging each other on in the free world!

What happened to the mangrates thread?

• nolaegghead
    It's 70F and mostly cloudy in Houston where Gary is right now.  Oh, the humanity!
    I just got blocked trying to send @Botch the appropriate wok for his XL egg. They need to get this fixed.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Chubbs said:

I just got blocked trying to send @Botch the appropriate wok for his XL egg. They need to get this fixed.

Lol. I posted a pick of a big neked women and then you get Blocked for a post

XLBGE 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727

It's 70F and mostly cloudy in Houston where Gary is right now.  Oh, the humanity!

Actually its almost 80 now :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I wonder if this is a Vanilla issue and is beyond BGE's control. I had the whole forum crash on me for around 2-3 hours the weekend before last. It would take me to an issue tracker page and show the problems in real-time.
  • nolaegghead
    I wonder if this is a Vanilla issue and is beyond BGE's control. I had the whole forum crash on me for around 2-3 hours the weekend before last. It would take me to an issue tracker page and show the problems in real-time.
    I'm 99.99% confident that this isn't a content issue - VI's blown a gasket thinking it is, but it's been a systematic problem.  Vanilla changes stuff - part of normal development cycles.  Sometimes it's two steps forward one step backward....
    In research, I noticed some open source trackers that listed many of the issues(email notification, delayed posts, etc.) that have been listed here.

2 steps back and 1 step forward at times as well.
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Goodbye Folks.........sounds like something you would type just before leaving the house with your assault weapon
    :)

I just fell over laughing so hard. =))

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    I guess after my last comment I will be banned next! :(
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • IrishDevl
    I bet he has the shakes now - withdrawal a female dog.
  • jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    I'll throw this out just in case it works for someone else. The last time I got that awaiting moderation message I tried a different approach that worked. Perhaps it was just time for the message to go through anyway or maybe not. What I did was make sure the message that I wanted to post was archived in the latest version. Then I created a totally new post. I named it, picked the forum I wanted to post to and in the message field I just typed "test message". I hit post and that one went up no problem. Then I went to my list of archived messages, opened up the one I really wanted to post and copied the body text. Then I hit the edit button to edit the message I got to post and pasted in the text I really wanted to use. Nothing else had worked for three hours, but this did the first time I tried it.
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I'm sorry..drinking members can't do all that....damn, keep it simple.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191

I'm just RETURNING to this forum after a few years elsewhere!!  I am looking for a forum that people have a common cause -- producing good food.  Maybe i am getting too old(?) but too many forums eventually turn into "clicks" of people, who just slap each other on the back, and the REAL subject matter of sharing both positive and negative grilling results disappears??  And without proper moderator intervention this seems to be the way forums go??  Eventually, it seems, the moderator gets involved with the "click", and the true reason for belonging to a forum "goes down the drain" in a hurry!  Because the people who go by the rules suddenly are GONE !

Can anyone recommend a few other forums that they like???               Thanks,  Tuna

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    edited January 2013

Yeah, glad I live in a sunny place and not somewhere I get SADD.  I guess I don't really understand egos.  But anyways, lets keep egging and egging each other on in the free world!

What happened to the mangrates thread?

Exactly.  I always enjoyed VI's posts and photos, but if a little thing like this pushes him over the edge something is not right.  Last night I lost a 52 year old friend of 20+ years to colon cancer.  He leaves behind a wife and two twelve year old children.  I'll bet his wife wishes she had a cooking forum problem to deal with this morning.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Wow.  I just finished reading all of the posts in this thread and was amazed to find that so many trained psychologists and psychiatrists are members of this forum.  I would have spent thousands of dollars learning about my mental disorders if I had hired their services.

For instance, I would have never guessed that my post was a desperate cry for attention and strokes from people that I wouldn't recognize if I passed them on the street, caused by my giant ego.  I would have thought that I was disgusted with the software, having spent about an hour taking pictures of my cook, uploading to the computer, cropping and resizing in Photoshop (and perhaps a little touchup), linking the pictures to my website, then writing it up, complete with recipe (and I spend more time on plating when it's for the forum) - only to learn that it needed approval before posting.  The thread mentions that the real problem is a malfunction of the software, but that yields the same disgust as far as I'm concerned.  The people on the other forum have expressed how they dislike the software here and won't join because of it, and so I guess they have giant egos too.

I do appreciate the nice things that were said though.  I wouldn't have thought I was soliciting them if that hadn't been pointed out to me, as I wouldn't have sought comments from the couple of folks who have a strong disliking for me.  It's funny, but I didn't even recognize the user name of one of those people, so I'm sure I've never had any exchange with him.  

Unless you tell me different, the bottom line is that I like everybody on the forum (really !), and I have enjoyed learning from you and sharing some dishes I thought you might like to fix for yourselves.  But the software sucks, and the administrators don't have the interest or decency to warn us of glitches and assure us they are working to fix it, so it's really not worth the effort to post.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Huh? Gary get back here and **** like the rest of us.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.