Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mangrates???

Saw this on amazing ribs dot com

Are these not the same thing? They are given a good review there.

1 large BGE, 2 small BGE, 3 Plate setters, 1 large cast iron grid, 1 pizza stone, 1 Stoker II Wifi, 1 BBQ Guru Digi-Q II, 1 Amaze N pellet smoker and 1 empty wallet.      Seaforth, On. Ca.

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Got to order me the Grillslinger BBQ Tool Belt after I buy everything in the world first.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• duck_hunter
    duck_hunter Posts: 185
    edited January 2013
    The amazon reviews for the three wolf tee are great too, I aint rushing out to by it

PS I apologize in advance for the hours you will spend reading the reviews on this shirt
    Barbecue may not be what brings world peace, but it has to be a good place to start -Anthony Bourdain 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Ducky, with that and a mangrate. One would be an unstoppable force. These 2 are a current day excalibur and shield of King Arthur!

Awooooooo!
  • I arrived at Wal-mart, mounted my courtesy-scooter (walking is such a drag!) sitting side saddle so that my wolves would show. While I was browsing mangrates, I could hear aroused asthmatic breathing behind me. I turned around to see a slightly sweaty dream in sweatpants and flip-flops standing there. She told me she liked the wolves on my shirt, and the steak on my mangrate, I told her I wanted to howl at her moon. She offered me a swig from her mountain dew, I offered her a piece of my mangrate steak and I drove my scooter, with her shuffling along side out the door and into the rest of our lives. Thank you wolf shirt. Thank you mangrate 
    Barbecue may not be what brings world peace, but it has to be a good place to start -Anthony Bourdain 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    God bless the queen of the Mangrate!

As her name is obviously hyphenated, three cheers for Candi-lynn Mangrate III!
  • Hey Guys, Don't get me wrong. I am not supporting the mangrate at all. As far as I am concerned, it can just hang there forever.  :-/   I was just pointing out that these things are out there under a different name. I could care less if any one ever buys them. I know that I won't be.

1 large BGE, 2 small BGE, 3 Plate setters, 1 large cast iron grid, 1 pizza stone, 1 Stoker II Wifi, 1 BBQ Guru Digi-Q II, 1 Amaze N pellet smoker and 1 empty wallet.      Seaforth, On. Ca.

• I arrived at Wal-mart, mounted my courtesy-scooter (walking is such a drag!) sitting side saddle so that my wolves would show. While I was browsing mangrates, I could hear aroused asthmatic breathing behind me. I turned around to see a slightly sweaty dream in sweatpants and flip-flops standing there. She told me she liked the wolves on my shirt, and the steak on my mangrate, I told her I wanted to howl at her moon. She offered me a swig from her mountain dew, I offered her a piece of my mangrate steak and I drove my scooter, with her shuffling along side out the door and into the rest of our lives. Thank you wolf shirt. Thank you mangrate 

164 of 175 people found the following review helpful 1.0 out of 5 stars Please don't make this Fairy Tale come true!!!!, June 4, 2009 By Three Little Pigs (Kalamazoo, MI United States) - See all my reviews We are outraged and appalled that the makers of this logoed t-shirt would opt to adorn a t-shirt with something as dark and evil as the 3 wolves! The wolf is our sworn enemy.. not only has he repeatedly attempted B & E with my brothers and me, he has destroyed my two brothers' houses with a lupine gale of wind, and tried to get into my specific residence through the chimney. It was only by the hair of our chinny chin chins that we narrowly escaped slow torture and certain death. Death that would have been committed slowly on a grill... With a full bottle of KC Masterpiece. We are outraged and haunted by the images presented on this T-shirt. Now, my brothers and I will have to rejoin our Post Traumatic Syndrome therapy group.. I will have to shoot an email to Little Red Riding Hood about this, warning her about this horrific garment. It is truly a shame. She was making so much progress in her re-establishing her relationship w/ her Grandma. Please reconsider the impact this shirt will have on the ovine community. Sincerely, The Three Little Pigs Help other customers find the most helpful reviews Was this review helpful to you? Yes No Report abuse | Permalink Comment Comments (2)
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Hey Guys, Don't get me wrong. I am not supporting the mangrate at all. As far as I am concerned, it can just hang there forever.  :-/   I was just pointing out that these things are out there under a different name. I could care less if any one ever buys them. I know that I won't be.
    I reread my post after the affects of the cabin fever has worn off and I was not trying to be rude to you, I can see how it would come across that way, accept my apology if you took it that way, my disdain is for the mangrate, not you

Don't you mean "The Mangrate Zone"?
    Flint, Michigan

• Don't you mean "The Mangrate Zone"?
    Yes, but I was too afraid to even type the words.  

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    @FlashkaBob - The grids on Amazing Ribs are Grill Grates, made of aluminum, been around for some time and I think there might be some discussions here about them. In Canada we used to get them as Super Grids (?)..

The Mangrates are CI. Same Idea, different material. 

I had the aluminum ones years ago with my old Kenmore gasser. Once I bought the Broil King with CI grids, didn't need them anymore. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!

You unlock this door with the key of restaurant quality steak. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sizzle, a dimension of smell, a dimension of CI. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Mangrate Zone.