Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

"Top Notch" Customer Support

I emailed Bruce @ Big Green Egg along with a picture of my gasket,which is looking pretty rough. Very Crispy flakes away if touched. His reply was "I have no problem replacing your gasket under warranty", now that is support ! No bickering no nothing just boom ,here you go.
Ova B.
Fulton MO

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    I have heard nothing but great things about the folks at the "Mothership". Did you approach your dealer? If not why not? Just curious. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    I emailed him as well. Had gasket at my house within few business days. @skiddymarker I once mentioned to my dealer about my gasket while picking up few items and they tried to sell me a gasket. That I can't cook without one, ruins everything (temp, charcoal, warranty). I told them BGE replaces them for free and that gaskets aren't req'd. She got annoyed and stopped helping and just waited at the register rest of time.
    Boom
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    @FanOfFanboys - Thanks. My dealer is excellent as are probably many other dealers. 

Given the number of times I have heard folks talk about the poor quality of dealer service from BGE dealers I am amazed how can such a great company allow some of these folks to sell their product. No wonder many seem to deal directly with BGE. 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • I have heard nothing but great things about the folks at the "Mothership". Did you approach your dealer? If not why not? Just curious. 
    I did e-mail the dealer and have heard nothing from him, so I sent the e-mail to Bruce.I have not been happy with the dealer I bought my egg from ever since he got my money !
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929

I have heard nothing but great things about the folks at the "Mothership". Did you approach your dealer? If not why not? Just curious. 

I did e-mail the dealer and have heard nothing from him, so I sent the e-mail to Bruce.I have not been happy with the dealer I bought my egg from ever since he got my money !

My dealer went belly up in ATL. I called to get a replacement gasket and got denied because I didn't have proof of purchase. I can't keep a receipt 2 minutes. Much less a year. Had to get a nomex
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    I received a free package of fire starters from my dealer for Christmas.  Thought was pretty cool.

very cool. Something that cost a dealer very little and they gain a loyal customer more often than not
    Boom