Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Let's say you wanted to sell your Large Egg...

How much would you ask for it?  I know the popular response will be "I'd never sell it" blah blah blah....well, let's just pretend you are going to sell it.  What do you think a fair price for a used one would be?  What about accessories?

Comments

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    It depends because prices vary by region. A large by me is $799 (I think?) So at that price id start at $500. Adding accessories would change price, and I have a platesetter id knock off $35 from original price. That would be my starting point.

Id check eggfest used egg prices too. The thing a buyer has to remember is they are buying an egg sans warranty, and what they value that warranty at varies.

Then again they might take pity on a Chiefs fan?!
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    In my area with my nest, plate setter, the shelves, ash tool, and other small accessories I would probably list for $750 and sell at $650~
    Boom
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    edited January 2013
    You might want to check out Bubba Tim's "Green Book": http://bubbatim.com/Green_Book.php
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    That's cool link
    Boom
  • New large in my area is $699.97 (just bought one the week before Christmas).  I probably wouldn't have bought a good-condition used one for more than about $400 to $450.
  • Oh, yeah... pretty hard core to be a Chiefs fan and put their logo up!  :-)  I've worked for a company in KC (Overland Park, actually) for about 15 years, so get to KC about 10 times a year.
  • alynd
    alynd Posts: 130
    Hey, next year can't be any worse than this year for the Chiefs right?  And I'm in Overland Park actually.
  • I've got a large, plate setter, and a CGS woo extender.

Meh maybe 5-550

It's really hard to think because I'd never sell it. Haha. But I'd pay around 450-500 for a used one.

XLBGE 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733
    paid 500 new for my large, 500 would be good. since my box and ring are in a dozen or so pieces i would get new parts first, maybe even put a gasket on it
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • alynd said:
    Hey, next year can't be any worse than this year for the Chiefs right?  And I'm in Overland Park actually.
    I lived in Leawood (121st and Stateline) for a year and kind of down by Mission Hills (Corner of Shawnee Mission and rainbow-forgot the name of our little neighborhood) for 2. Still have some friends up there. 

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • alynd
    alynd Posts: 130
    alynd said:
    I lived in Leawood (121st and Stateline) for a year and kind of down by Mission Hills (Corner of Shawnee Mission and rainbow-forgot the name of our little neighborhood) for 2. Still have some friends up there. 

Very cool, sounds like you were probably in Westwood or Mission.  I grew up at 119th and Antioch.
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    i paid 400 in eastern Pa for a LBGE in nest with the poly egg mates, feet, 2 daisy wheels, 2 rain stoppers, and a cover.
  • I am a couple hours south of you. Sold mine for 650 because i bought a XL.
  • daffy1909
    daffy1909 Posts: 498
    in my area with plate setter and nest cost round 1400$$$$but worth every penny!
  • alynd said:
    alynd said:

Very cool, sounds like you were probably in Westwood or Mission.  I grew up at 119th and Antioch.
    Westwood hills! That's it

Cool place

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX